How long is your string?

Up to my neck.

See, you’re a good player. Way better than me. But that long string was holding you back in the last videos I saw. All that potential was knocked back a few pegs by all that loosey goosey string.

Was that in a speed trick situation?

EDIT*

Because the longer string does slow you down, unless your used to it. Which brings me into the string philosophy stuff (did I use that word right?).

Anyways - So, longer string=better yoyoer? Longer string=more appealing to a video camera and audience?

When you throw the same length of string, for a month, then switch over to full length kitty string, it seems SO long. But it makes you feel SO SMOOTH and SO GOOD at yoyoing. Its weird. You should try your normal string, and then as long as you can get it, and see if your style improves or you just feel improved.

Its always struck me, but then you get to this point - your at string thats around your head, but it seems like an average old string, so then what? Get longer string to bring back the innovative feeling.

Just some of my string length thoughts if they made any sense at all :stuck_out_tongue:

I do think you have to be a better yoyoer to use a long string properly. What a few of us here are shaking our heads about are people who are not controlling the extra length in a visually-appealing way.

But you know… if that person is having a ball with their long string, even if it looks wonky, all the power to them. :wink:

1 Like

Very good point → using the long string the right way.

Ditto what Zorro and Moise said, exept im actually just too lazy to cut my strings, EXEPT when its anything longer than kitty, then I cut it :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

laziness definitely plays a role in it. Also my school doesn’t allow you to have any sharp objects, so carrying around something to cut my strings is impossible.

[quote=“Moise,post:27,topic:70113”]
Really? I carry 3,5 inch blade knife with me everywhere :slight_smile:

I usually carry my 4" butterfly knife to everywhere but school

No help to places with strict rules like a school, but here’s what I keep with me (Should have put a coin for scale, but the Gerber Curve is smaaaallll)

(sorry if the link doesn’t work for some of you!)