How long have you been throwing for?

since 2008, if you count the very beggining, but I really only started june or july last year.

Since Christmas last year, almost 3 months

I’m at 4 months! I had yoyos as a child but never learned more than rock the baby.

I remember it fondly, the day I decided that 20 bucks for a good yoyo is completely worth it. The “good yoyo” I am speaking off is the YoyoFactory Velocity. I had recently gotten my paycheck for the December month, and I had used most of it up on stupid things like junk food. I regret not saving it up for future throws, but that’s all in the past now. I walked a good three or four miles to the closest Sports Chalet to get my yoyo. It was the last one they had, and it was in all honesty a piece of junk, it was broken due to the amount of times it was man handled by people, and people using the dial o it over and over again. But to me, that yoyo was the most amazing thing to walk into my life at that point. I played with it day in and day out, I remember the first time I hit the trapeze, I was going ballistic at how good I felt I was. Finally I thought, finally I look as cool as Andre. For kicks, I went to the expert section and saw the trick “And Whut…” I was overwhelmed by the things you can do with a yoyo, and absolutely astonished. “THAT IS SO ******** COOL” I yelled and started to practice. I played and played and played and played, and I was able to hit my double or nothings consistently. “it’s time” I told myself, and went and bought myself a Northstar. It was the most steadfast purchase ever, without a second thought I went and bought myself a $35 yoyo, something so taboo and unheard of. I remember the remarks, “$35 FOR A YOYO?!” but I can say it was worth absolutely every penny I spent. I loved the throw to death. That was all 3 months ago, and the Velocity is off in a friends hand, teaching yet another player his trapeze, and my Northstar is tucked away in my backpack waiting for it’s next owner to come and get it.

tl;dr: it’s been like 4 months I think?