How long does yoyo string last you and what's your daily schedule?

so are you saying beginners dont go through strings? i throw somewhere between 1-4 hours a day sometimes more and i’m averaging a string every other day or so. i am a beginner with non responsive play, but i play hard and am working through the learn section videos for tricks and also using youtube to learn. so to say because someone is a newb doesnt necessarily mean that they cant or shouldnt be replacing their strings often.

That’s the price I paid at contests. I thought you normally charged $60/100 strings.

Even better!

Literally had the same dragon string on my cascade since january only washed it once

Most beginners don’t put that kind of time in. Not all of us have that kind of time.

I’m lucky to get 5 minutes a day right now.

fair enough, i guess i took it the wrong way, i apologize to the poster i quoted!

I need to try Kevlar string…

For YYE bulk poly I get about 1-2 hours of play. Kitty 1.5 I am averaging 5 hours. Which right now would be about 2 months on a poly. Just bought a house and I have gotten through most of the honeydew list.

Twice a day is overkill lol. Even if you do go through it fast.

I bought some AMMO recently and I didn’t really like it. To thick for me. So I went to KittyString and I love that stuff. I bought $20 dollars worth of normal and slim string. I have pink for my Purple Popstar, Blue Grind Machine, and Nickel Plated Smooth Move. I got yellow as extra string.

I don’t switch very often. 3-4 times a month at most. Now I have a Kon-Kave bearing and it’s even less than that

Not really

I like to play it safe so I never break a string.

It depends. When I had time last year and was throwing quite a bit using YYE bulk 100% polyester, there were many days where I could go through 2 or more strings per day on a single yoyo. Some people go through strings faster than others. Strength, type of play, yoyo, bearing, response, it all makes a difference. Also, off-strings can wear strange since you have to deal with your hand of your non-throw hand moving up and down the string too, as well as transitioning the string between hands, so it can absorb more oils and dirt faster and might need more frequent changing.

That didn’t happen very often. I also don’t change strings unless I need to either.

These days, my throwing is very minimal.