How long does yoyo string last you and what's your daily schedule?

I use several different kinds. Most of the time I’m not even sure what type it is aside from it being polyester… I use about one string, on one yoyo, per day.

I use kitty. I change it twice a month. I think I should change it more often, but lately I only yoyo around an hour a day. I think I’m doing fine.

What yoyo do you use? I read that some yoyos eat string.

im throwing a majesty and a rally, but im fairly certain that im just using them as they are really dingy looking and frayed horribly.

Well, my old bulk string from YoTricks would only last me about two or three days (maybe even one with lots of throwing time). But now, with my new Expert Strings, I replace it every four to eight days, it mainly depends on how exclusively I use a particular throw. If you know what I mean…

I got a 10 pack of Kevlar string three weeks ago and I’m still on the first string.

1 Like

Well, given that it looks like you are a beginner from your posts and profile info, you shouldn’t be going through ANY type of string very fast. Since you probably aren’t doing slack tricks yet, your string doesn’t really need replacing until it looks like it is going to break. That REALLY expensive Kevlar string you got on your Dash (I am assuming from your profile info) should last you quite a long while more.

1 Like

I had some 100% poly that lasted maybe 5 to 7 days . . .

I will admit the only slack trick I know is Plastic whip. :wink:

It was only $6 . . .

Based on how long it’s lasted me so far I wouldn’t be surprised if it lasted me the rest of the year. :smiley:

Most issues with yoyos that eat string can be resolved through rubbing down the edge of the bearing recess, which is usually where this happens. Denim has been often recommended as the material of choice for this task.

Most people on here are not playing yoyos that are eating strings, at least not continuing to eat strings. Those that are using yoyos with reputations for eating strings have most likely taken steps to have them fixed.

If you’re worried about yoyos that eat strings, when you express an interest in such a model, people will notify you of this potential issue.

Yikes! It’s actually $40 for Type X.

1 Like

Haha you could get a protostar with that money.

Jeez guys! I switch by string every like week and a half! I use Chico yoyo company neon orange, or sometimes neon green.

What. You all change your string so often. Geez.
I literally just play my string until it looks like its gonna snap
I’ve been throwing my Ti5 with kitty string
And that kitty string has been on there since a week after the release of the Ti5.
So I’d say almost a year.

I just change my string when the color has faded out, or the string looks close to tearing.
So. 1-14 months so far, depending on string haha!

1 Like

I use ammo and i use it like for a month and then i change i practice whenever i can throughout the day even when im at the store

You, sir, are a legend.

i’d love to learn your secrets. :slight_smile:

i am replacing strings often because they are looking worn out and about to snap.

I dunno.
I just play.
And good to know I’m a legend :slight_smile: thank you!

And my secrets? Don’t change the string xD

i think that if i didnt change my string it would come off and kill something (my tv or my forehead haha) i mean literally threads are popped and worn through.

i am waiting on some kevlar strings and maybe that will help some.

I bet it holds tension great! :wink:

Oh heck yes xD
Its good my signature 3lan~muse string plays perfectly.
Its super long lasting. It plays near just broken in after a month. Beautiful.
I wonder how long it will last!:slight_smile: