How little vibe is "no vibe"?

I second the Majesty

Hspin Gorylla is so good. Like general yo smooth.

I’d have to say my 2sickyoyos 7075 gambit. that thing have absolutely no vibe with the fingernail test (with a good straight throw of course).

And I’ve played many clyw throws that had vibe, not extreme, but significant enough, that weren’t fools gold versions. not all clyw throws are perfect like how some of you think.

and I strongly agree with you on this. I thj k a lot of people tend to get “dumbfound” right when they get a throw in the mail and read all the hype on the forums and will have some type of “placebo effect” with a yoyo…

No vibe is no vibe. Anything more than no vibe ‘is vibe’.

You can’t say, 'well, my Yoyo is vibe free… Uh, I mean, it does have a tiny amount of vibe, but that doesn’t count.

Vary few yoyos are ‘totally vibe free’.

And sadly, it seems in yoing, there is actually an acquired illness; the main symptom being preoccupied with small amounts of Yoyo vibe. To the point of spending less time having fun throwing yoyos and spending(wasting) much more time, wearing down fingernails on the sides of yoyos.

Over the years, I have had conversations with dozens of Contest level players. I have never had a conversation with even ‘1’ that mentioned ‘vibe’ for any reason.

Personally, I like minimum vibe in a Yoyo. Fortunately, I am lucky enough to have a Realistic mindset, that perfect yoyos more often are found in 2 places: The Twilight Zone and Fantasyland.

Preoccupation with reasonably small degrees of vibe in yoyos is a complete waste of time.

4 Likes

I totally agree on the Gnarwhal, also the Gnarwhal 2 and H5XChief, all of them are so smooth you can’t feel even the slightest bit of vibe.

I also agree with the gnarwhal, I just bought one that has a fair bit of damage although nothing too serious and it’s very smooth spinning

I got a gnarwhal recently that has some tiny barely visible scuffs, but it has vibe worse than my shutter that’s pretty beat…

This was pretty much my experience. It’s one of the older clyws like the bvm and peak it’s pretty much guaranteed to have vibe. I owned a pali puffin gnarwhal and santa edition and both had vibe to them. Nothing extremely terrible but it was there so I’m always surprised to see people saying they were dead smooth. Same goes for the A grade KLR and Arctic Circle I had. Both had recognizable vibe.

Maybe the threads are stripped a bit?

Off the top…in a zone:

There’s always vibe, on each yo-yo I’ve tried,
Whoever thinks otherwise, just told you some lies.
Cause every spinning yo-yo vibes at least a little,
It’s something that I like, unless it wobbles or jiggles.
You’re checking for vibe in ways that entail,
Testing it for vibe, by using your fingernails.
But I don’t blame you, cause I’ve done it before,
Most of us are bored, so why should vibe be ignored?
I check mine for vibe, when I’m in the mood,
Why buy a vibey throw, if the others are smooth?
But one thing’s for sure, or nothing is true,
Checking throws for vibe gives us something to do.
I don’t want to spend hard earned money on a thing,
That feels like a buzz saw, but it’s round with a string.
So, the vibe forget it, no need to stress it,
Just don’t waste my time, when that vibe is excessive.

T.A. out. 8)

1 Like

My wooly marmot 2 is REMARKABLY smooth. I actually think it cancels out vibe. It’s like a weird scientific anomaly. You actually have to see it to believe. It’s really something else.

Until you can’t tell wether the Yoyo is spinning or not cause you can feel any vibe this happens with me too much with OD 10 ball bearings.

My summits have literally no vibe. I have a way of thing them that just works. I’m not over exaggerating. Honestly, if I do a finger grind I can’t feel it spinning. Even the fingernail test doesn’t sound like a buzz saw. Just one constant noise.

I put bass line SE and made my summit feel super smooth

Ive never thrown a yoyo with no vibe at all, i dont think it exists, or you prob just dont notice it. But its too imprfectly machined halves, its not ever ‘perfect’

You can always tell if a multicolour yoyo is spinning though (ash berry)

Honestly. My summit is what you describe.

I don’t believe you. I think you need to send it to me so I can try it.

:wink: