Is it vibe or not?

Hey all, I recently was holding one of my throws close to the end of the string and noticed a small vibe. When I hold the yoyo at full string length it is smooth as can be, and the yoyo is also mint.

I tested this with my whole collection and got very similar results.
Is this vibe? Or is this just something all yoyos have?

Note: All of these throws have twisted trifectas in them, that aren’t perfectly clean.

Any help? ???

Completely normal. Try cleaning your bearings, then throwing them back in. Then try putting a very tiny pinprick worth of lube in them, and see how that does.

Some yoyo’s just have a tiny vibe like that. Nothing to be worried about

touch the yoyo for a second or two with your finger to remove any vibe there could be from the throw. If you feel vibe on your finger, then there is sone vibe. But honestly I think you’re just feeling the bearing spinning. Its nothing to worry about.

You’re obsessing over this.

1 Like

Thanks, this was just the way my FG avalanche vibes and this was my first b grade so I sort of panicked.

And no, it does not vibe on my finger.

The only time I ever worry about vibe is when I need to sell a throw. Otherwise, try not to think about it. Thinking about it will only make you look for vibe where there isn’t any.

If it doesn’t vibe when you touch it the vibe is from a throw with sloppy technique. Try improving your throw.

That’s the thing, I was noticing a vibe after I smooth it out which was though the string, same as my FG avalanche.

What? It doesn’t vibe on the fingernail test but vibes on the string after testing it?

FG means it has a defect, either in Ano or in performance.

It would be common for a FG, B-Grade, etc to have vibe.

every yoyo has vibe “gasp”

1 Like

its just spinning… its fine

Pretty much right.

What I’d worry about is wobble. Vibe usually straightens itself out anyway as you play.

I think it’s a yoyo enhancement, like hubstacks…

I think it’s more like inner ring grinds…

Yes, it is physically impossible to make a truly dead smooth throw.

People are way too concerned with vibe. You have no idea what a “bad vibe” is. I used to have a Buzz-On Menehune that had so bad of a vibe you couldn’t tell what shape it was when spinning. It made a horrible noise too. Dave was kind enough to replace it for me. Unless it affects your tricks, don’t worry about it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: