How do you store your strings?

I typically keep my strings in this chocolate box shaped like a TLR camera. Where do you normally keep your strings?

6 Likes

6 Likes

I store my string in a 2200 pound Meilink…2 inch thick…(1 inch steel/1 inch fireproof membrane) 8 steel bolt… electronic safe.

The safe requires a 7 digit entry code. There are 3 attempts available. Each attempt must be input in less than 5 seconds. If 3 consecutive tries fail, the safe Time Locks for several hours.

The safe is in a basement Machine-shop. The safe is bolted at the base with 4 1 inch thick, 12 inch long anchor bolts submerged in Concrete 8 inches thick and bolstered with a horizontal rebar grid."

The basement entry is under 24 hour surveillance utilizing 5 cameras viewing the entry various strategic points. Similar to a ring camera system but much more advanced, the system also incorporates motion sensors.

Yes… I know that sounds a little over the top, and I admit that I could approach the situation less aggressively, But I feel the Security is worth the trouble…

I primarily use, String Lab Kapow.

So…… I have 2 strings: one on my everyday carry(a Mustang) and the other string, I keep in the Safe.

So…. I keep a total of 1 extra string in the safe

If I ever step up and purchase another String for a buck or so, I will upgrade my Security system
:face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

I made this wall mounted string rack out of a piece of scrap wood (I have a few buckets full) and leftover hardware from another project. It’s proven to keep the strings just high enough so the cats ignore them :sunglasses:

Processing: 20240221_074931.jpg…

13 Likes

So normally when i buy them i usually go thru and tie them into small bundles, similar to how the magic yoyo strings come. I’m wondering is that not good?

2 Likes

I got them in bags in the top of a craft storage container

3 Likes

I keep them in the bag they come in.

4 Likes

me too. the bags are designed to fit the strings, so might as well use them.

1 Like

I have a hook inside a kitchen cabinet for whatever I’m using currently. For everything else, I just leave them in the bag or whatever they came in, inside a box on the shelf under where my yoyos live.

1 Like

i keep a well organized rats nest

9 Likes

Lol thats awesome

2 Likes