How Do You Sort Your Yoyos?

pm’d you some stuff :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

I put them up to my ear like a seashell.

If I can hear Rob Zombie singing… well that is the one.

6 Likes

5 Likes

what stays and what goes

2 Likes

I sort into 0A/1A pairs, that are more or less organized by value, size, and how easy they would be to replace.
Like:
Pro-Z/Mojo
CYY AXL Elite/Puff Adder
SW Bloodcell/Death Adder
And so forth. Then, depending on where I’m going, I’ll pick a pair to carry for the day. If I need something for low key carry, where I may not actually get a chance to throw? CYY Reactor/RCS Retro Rocket. Outdoors over concrete? Plastics. And so on. I’m not obsessive about it, tho, and will mix and match if I feel like it.
After that, I’ve got an 8 spot case that holds the modern 1A stuff that I rarely play. I should probably sell them at some point, but they’re mostly mid level stuff with little resale value.
Then there’s a bunch of old skool stuff, Spintastics, Henry’s, Playmaxx and whatnot tossed in a drawer.

5 Likes

So I chose “other” so I am going to say how I sort mine. When I sort my yoyos in my bag I start by putting the yoyos I use most often on the top row and then work my way down to what I use the least. Yeah I am an organized freak.

4 Likes

Brand. (Cannot believe that is not a choice.) I separate my 6 most used into a different case, and separate out responsive vs. unresponsive.

3 Likes

I have a plastic storage box with 4 drawers. Wood/fixed axle in one, plastic butterfly in another, yoyojam in the 3rd, metals in the 4th. I have a 12 hole case that has some random treasures and another bag that has stuff I rarely use. I also have a small box that has some duplicates stored.

4 Likes

I always assumed you have at least 500 or more yoyos…

1 Like

I probably had around 150. Been thinning them out, down to about 100 now.

2 Likes

Yoyos aren’t for sorting, they’re for yoyoing! :wink:

7 Likes

By metal.

4 Likes

I like this idea!

By metal:
Buy metals
Bi metals
Bye metals

6 Likes

I dont like the last one…

I was thinking more like Al. 6061. 7075. Ti. Mg. Bimetal. Etc…

4 Likes

By release date.

Edit: release date for my bimetal collection.

Everything else is by brand and then either model,color, or both.

1 Like

Current players are tossed on the top shelf in the living room. All others are in cases, or in a box. Cases are pretty much sorted by manufacture.

Current top shelf:

8 Likes

randomly put in a steel case, with foam.

2 Likes

What’s the skin colored thing on the yo-yo between the 44 and the (I think)gravity?

by brand in labeled interlocking cases. i only fill one side of the case too. this makes it easier to rotaye out throws. i have them stack all the same side, so i put stickers on the side that faces up

7 Likes