How Do You Sort Your Yoyos?

Quick poll. How do you store your yoyos?

• Alphabetically (A-Z)
  • Alphabetically (Z-A)
  • Color-Coordinated (Red-Purple)
  • Color-Coordinated (Purple-Red)
  • Date Received (New-Old)
  • Date Received (Old-New)
  • Other (Comment)

0 voters

Favorites to least favorites

10 Likes

Randomly lol. I have 6 so I dont bother

10 Likes

By shape/features. All my organics are on the same shelves. All my hub stacked are together. All my H shape, Bi-Metals, prototypes… etc.

3 Likes

Where there’s a flat level space :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

No sorting. I keep the ones I throw most often on a table and usually rotate all but a few when I get tired of them. Sorting may be a good idea - all plastics in one case, etc.

3 Likes

Me too for the most part.

2 Likes

I tried the whole “leave one on the table for convenience” thing long ago and ended up breaking my BC Spitfire’s wood axle when it fell and got stepped on. Another time I lost a Lyn Fury for 6 months under and stack of papers and junk.

So now all my yos are stored in my case. As for which foam slot each one gets in the case I have a complicated system that would only make sense to me. Variables include brand, model, material, diameter, and usage amount.

To be honest all of mine fit in one case so it doesn’t really matter.

3 Likes

By manufacturer.

5 Likes

Generally by diameter for my main cases. I have another case for mainly plastics/materials other than aluminum/yoyos I don’t likr.

3 Likes

I don’t. Yoyos are fun and sorting is not. (To me)

4 Likes

By brand, trying to arrange it so that one brand collabs onto another (one drop -> summit -> clyw -> basecamp -> yoyofactory), etc. With the exception of Smashing, which is proto/production by release date, I don’t bother with how each brand is sorted.

5 Likes

in a database. then i have the tea box displays that i rotate what i’m playing through into a couple of cases. works stellar

9 Likes

Favorite to least… cases are sorted by brands.
Active rotation is kept on display in clear tea organizers.

4 Likes

I have two shelves, each one is sorted into rows or columns of colors, clustered by brand or material. One of the shelves has all the fixies and slimlines and plastics.

3 Likes

I sort by brand.

4 Likes

I sort mine by color.
takes me forever!

13 Likes

This is a level of organization I can only dream of. That said, I do love a good database (which, with my level of database construction skill, is something I wouldn’t be building on my own. Functional, definitely, elegant, only by pure luck)

2 Likes

Ah the challenge of 50 shades of green…

6 Likes

I like to keep them in order of brand and then in order of release date

2 Likes