How do you remove side caps

I want to practice thumb grinds on my Dark Magic II, but I can’t get the side caps off. I don’t have a good suction cup to do it, are there any alternative methods of taking them off?

you can drill a tiny hole in it, then pop it out using something that’ll fit
Or if you hit something with your dm2 hard enough they’ll pop out :stuck_out_tongue:
my friend just drilled a hole in one of those 4 circle things on the cap, and you can’t even tell the hole’s there.

If you don’t want to damage the cap you could use some really strong tape ex. duct tape and use that to pull of the cap.

good ol’ duct tape

I just used a small, soft suction cup to remove the caps on my Lyn Fury…helps if you actually wet the suction cup first, get a better grab.

Actually, duct tape can damage the image on the side cap. Use a strong big suction cup. I’m pretty sure the caps on the DM2 aren’t harder to take of than a Raptor because the Raptor’s caps are one of the top of the lines for “Most hard-to-take-off cap”

Get a razor and try to dig it into the ends of the cap and pull in down and out, worked for me. If done correctly it shouldnt leave any marks.

Ditto. Works great.

Tried wetting the weak suction cup I used before and it got 1 cap out. the other one was too stubborn. tried duct tape on it and that didn’t work either. I don’t really want to damage the side caps using the other methods… any more ideas?

Read the post before you give advice. And I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure duct tape is better for the cap then putting a hole. (Not saying that you said that.) My final advice: use duct tape then if you must drill a hole.

speaking of raptors, my friend was doing counter weight with one, it hit the ground, and the caps popped out.

What?! I said use a suction cup not drill a hole. I’d advise the OP to use a big strong suction cup with damp wet underside for more grip. When did I say drilling in a hole is better than duct tape? You said “Not saying you said that”, well if I never said drilling a hole, what do you mean sir?

Haha, the traditional way.

try a corkscrew it worked for me! you cant even notice it.

[/quote]
Read the post before you give advice. And I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure duct tape is better for the cap then putting a hole. (Not saying that you said that.) My final advice: use duct tape then if you must drill a hole.
[/quote]
What?! I said use a suction cup not drill a hole. I’d advise the OP to use a big strong suction cup with damp wet underside for more grip. When did I say drilling in a hole is better than duct tape? You said “Not saying you said that”, well if I never said drilling a hole, what do you mean sir?
(quote)

He said that he has no suction cup, and when I said don’t drill a hole I wasn’t talking to you. The reason I said “not saying that you said that” was to avoid writing this post.