How Do You Guys Do Those CRAZY Tricks?

I’ve only been yoyoing for about a week and a half… I know I’m not good. The best trick I can do is probably a variation of a double or nothing.

The best advice is to practice and learn. We make them up and go on youtube. Don’t worry, you’ll improve.

by practicing consistantly and i think it helps to bring a yoyo around with you. so you can practice anywere. and watch any video in the learn section once without your yoyo in your hand because sometime if i have it in my hand ill start trying without even seeing the entire trick or video. and sooner or later you will be done with the list and start makin up combos

Thanks. You know all of the tricks in the tournies that people do?, are those combos and stuff

Combos and tricks they make.

First off, they are referred to as contests. Tournaments involve elimination and matchings.

Back to the question: Yes, those are all combos. In a FS, never do a trick at a time. Combos are the way to win. Do them long and hit each one, plus speed equals a force to be reckoned with.

If you want to improve you HAVE to practice practice practice and practice whenever you can if you really want to improve you’ll be able able to do a trick like boingy boing in 1 month or less

I had a yoyo that was barely better than a Yomega X-brain for about 3 months so I got off to a slow start, but I got good the the basics (double or nothing, trapeze) by practicing nonstop. I would practice anywhere from 4-8 hours at a time in the summer. Just keep practicing. Look up some tutorials on tricks. It does help you to get the basics down faster.

Absolutely not.

There is no duration of time delegated to progress. It took me three years to learn Boing-E-Boing, and I think I turned out OK. If you don’t get it, don’t worry. Keep at it, you will someday.

Referring to the original question… it all comes down to fundamentals. Learn what’s been set before you in tutorials and other videos. Embrace them, then, when you’re comfortable, make them your own. Once you mess around enough, you have some pretty sick tricks.

Carry a yo-yo everywhere, and take it out when you can. That is the best advice i can give :slight_smile: Yo-yo’n can be hard at times especially when the tricks are getting harder, just keep trying.