How do you decide which yoyo to bring to work?

To work or if I’m outside… Magic yo-yo or less.
If I’m walking the dog… Literally… I will bring an responsive yo-yo, prob deep state.
My work bag has a camera lens case and I used to have an April in there. Now I got a Shark because the shark came to a house party and left with more than just cake… Tens of tiny bumps and scratches where I let my mates daughter play.
So now it’s a sacrificial yo-yo but still plays well and exfoliatesy hands at the same time.
I rarely get time to throw at work but it’s there.
Keep all the good stuff for above carpet :heart_eyes:.

1 Like

You could throw with a counterweight while the call is on speaker. “Clicking sound? It must be on your end!”

2 Likes

Seeing as I work from home these days I bring all 500+ of my yo-yos to work. Lately I’ve just been throwing fixies so a few No Jives are close at hand.

Prior to the pandemic I’ve carried a yo-yo to work for 25+ years now. Generally I pick a nice unresponsive throw that I won’t mind getting dinged up. Over the years I’ve learned that noisy bearings and offstring are two quick ways to irk your co-workers.

7 Likes

Usually just depends on how I’m feeling that day. But always three. My loop 720’s and something unresponsive. Lately Its been my MYY V3, it’s comfy, quiet, and after my daughter found it on the chair, rolled it up and down the driveway, “walking the dog” she says, I don’t mind a ding or two. Lol

4 Likes

reviving this thread, would love to see some more answers to this. as of right now, i’m bringing 3 yo-yos (excessive?): a fun one, a beater, and a fingerspin. some of these combine into one another so it’s a day by day choice. i’m trying to get out of the collector habit and be willing to ding up my throws in the name of fun

3 Likes

For me it’s simple…

You just gotta ask yourself, “Is a Klondike?”

If the answer is no, don’t bring it to work. If the answer is yes, bring it to work. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I guess I do this a little different.

I Have a Replay Pro and a Butterfly XT on my desk at the office.

I have a Origen as my truck Yoyo.

So whether I am at the office, running service calls, or doing work installs - I always have a yoyo the is easily replaceable.

The harder question for me is which “Other” yoyo do I take. I guess it comes down to mood and what I will actually be doing that day.

3 Likes

I usually carry a small bag so I’ll put 3 or so yoyos in individual bags in there. No concern for slimline or not, I can bring Pomelo if I want! Lately it’s Klondike, Linear, and The End pt.2. I like to bring quiet ones but I could bring louder ones if I wanted, it wouldn’t bother anyone.

1 Like

I work from home and my collection is in my office so the questions more what do I take from my workspace out with me.

There are times I go to the office. It’s rare often I bring my Janus recently ti Janus, deep state and heist or loonie depending on the mood. Maybe I’ll shove whatever new or yoyo I’ve been gravitating toward in my bag.

3 Likes

I’m a carpenter, and my work involves a lot of dust and sometimes icky stuff, so I mostly just bring fixed axle yoyos. However, I only do this when I know work will be quiet or if I have to wait for things to be ready, otherwise I’m just too busy.

I have been taking my b-grade End 2 yoyo in my bag pretty much since I got it. When I get home it’s usually the first thing I throw before being accosted by my children.

5 Likes

Mustang Grade 5 to flex on the haters

2 Likes

man i wish, the klondike cult has gotten to me and i desperately want one

2 Likes

It’s honestly amazing

2 Likes

1 duncan butterfly, one plastic unresponsive, and one nice aluminum for when the mood strikes and i’m near carpet. today its butterfly, speedaholic xx , and diorama.

7 Likes

I can get a bit schizophrenic about this and wind up with 8 or more throws in a bag. I try not to do no more than 4 or 5 if I throw in a bimetal or bimaterial.

It depends on the tricks I am working on and the environment I will be throwing in. So usually 2 plastic and 2 mono metals with love marks.
Plastic Fulvia, Replay Pro, Panorama, and 888 808 today. The 5th would be the Krown. It could change at any moment depending on my mood.

4 Likes

pretty much where i been at since release

I have a display that holds 81 throws. I generally wake up and choose 1 single throw to edc that day. It’s often just a toss up of whatever my groggy morning brain lands on. But lately, truly, it’s just been a Klondike in my edc container every day

1 Like

thank god someone else is like this, do you bag them or just let them thunk around in your bag?

the klondike cult claims another

1 Like

I just bring a recess snack. It s a very capable yoyo while being small. It is also cheap I bought a b grade for only $15.

2 Likes