How did you get into yoyoing?

the ned show. His best trick was a double or nothing, but I shelled out the fifteen bucks anyway. Got a cosmic spin 2. looked up tricks online, thinking “There’s got to be more than just launch the rocket!” I found YYE, asked for a dm2 for my birthday, joined the forums and the rest is history. I surpassed the ned dude within two days.

SERIOUSLY NECROLICIOUS.

In my school’s free pile, someone had put an old Yomega trick VHS video (yes it was old). I watched it and tried to throw a sleeper with a Yomega brain and learned from there.

In my school’s free pile there was an old Yomega VHS video (yes, it was old). I tried throwing a sleeper with a Brain that i bought. I learned from there. :wink:

My grandfather let me have a yoyo that he got from a senior’s center. then i decided to research almost everything about yo-yos that i could. it took me three months to actually buy an non-fixed axle yoyo.

My friend and I were on video chat and playing Minecraft when he pulled out this cheap yoyo from a gas station and was watching YYE’s tutorials and trying to learn tricks. He kept saying “look watch this” and then screwing up, and it started to annoy me. So I decided I would be better than him, and looked upstairs for my Imperial and learned Eiffel Tower and Jamaican Flag with the yoyo dead. Soon after my friend got a Custom Reactor, I got a Raider, and everything started progressing. About a week and a half later, I bought a Stackless PGM, and things started really flying.

I started a year ago with a brain that same day i learned how to make it sleep then I went over to big 5 and got a pocket pros zombie and so on now i can do a bunch of tricks

I saw this one yoyo dude perform at my elementary school a long time ago, so I bought a SuperYo Renegade. Then after leaving that yoyo alone for a while, I googled “yoyos” and up popped Yoyonation. The Speed Dial had just been released, and since I didn’t know any better, I bought it.
Then after just doing the classic tricks, and figuring out brain twister by myself, I put it away for a long time.
After that long time, I picked it up again, googled “yoyo tricks” and found this site. Then I found High Speed Yoyo and was amazed at what yoyos could do.
In an ironic moment, as soon as I found this site, the PGM came out, so I ordered it because I needed an unresponsive yoyo.

Two years later, here I am. Still throwing, not stopping, and have severed my ties with YYF.

last year my science teacher gave me a price for getting a problem right it was a duncan butterfly he did a bunch of tricks then gavw it to me after that maybe a week afterwords i sold my basketball court and got a hyperwarp heavy wing and a maverick then the rest is history

I moved into an apartment with really low ceilings. That is not a good feature for a juggler. I was tired of juggling on my knees so I somehow stumbled upon yoyo-ing online. Just happens to be a very good low ceiling hobby. (Except for Eli hops. Back on knees to learn that one) now I’m way passed addicted and collecting as much as throwing.

Through a pagan ritual where i had to murder to survive…

I was drunk eBay Shopping this May and bought a case that held and came with 8 YoYos. After I got it I realized couldn’t be a pozer with a YoYo case and decided to learn as much as I could. I was very surprised with how far YoYoing has come since the early 90s.

Back in 1997 or 98 there was a big yoyo fad in Arizona, I got a super bumble bee. Then I just recently started up again because of youtube!

Where i live in Ga, almost nobody even knows that yoyos can be made out of metal, so it was an extreme coincidence when i started. I remember watching a yoyo comp on tv and thinking, hey i could do that, so the next week i bought a butterfly. I gave up cause i couldent get it to come back up after a sleeper. Then like 2 or 3 weeks later i was bored and saw the old thing on my desk, i picked it up and progressed rapidly, within a week, i was doing advanced tricks with a yomega glowing, 4 weeks later i got a stainless steel and started doin eli hops and mcbride rollercoasters, and that brings me to today, with my magic t9 and just getting accepted into a new team called revyolution so needless to say i am happy with how far ive come! :slight_smile:

when I was bored one day I picked up an old Duncan proyo I had and basically picked it up and decided to yoyo with it and I found I really liked and then you know what happens next :smiley:

When I was maybe 8 or so (so maybe 4 or 5 years ago), my mom brought home just a little old promotional yoyo from a convention that she went to (World Youth Day). I played with it for a while, and couldn’t put it down. My dad looked up yoyos on the internet, and found this great website. Although I knew about them, I didn’t really start taking seriously until about a year and a few months ago.

I was on vacation, and a guy came to the library there and did yoyo tricks. He sold me my first yoyo, and I just kept upgrading from there.

well that escalated quickly

Swine flu. Yea, being quarantined for a week in a small room isn’t fun. I found a $5 Duncan mosquito in my room. That led to Andre’s YouTube tutorials. The rest is history.

Was at the beach and finally walked into Air Circus. Saw a pretty big wall covered in yoyos, and my brothers and I got curious. Asked one of the sales people there about them, and he started doing binds and trapezes. Our minds were blown (then we figured them out and we were like psh…), and we all bought yoyos! ;D