How did this happen...and how do i get it out?

Sometimes when going for a Brent stole i get this:

But with the string being the way it is it’s pretty tricky to pop it out and keep going. So far i always have to grab the yoyo and untangle the thing. There must be a better way right?

So
A) what went wrong here?

B) how do i solve it when it does?

1 Like

A) It’s hard to tell what’s going on, at least for me. The first thing that comes to my mind is that it happens when you have too much string tension (or torsion). So basically you have the string twisted on itself a bit and when the yoyo hits it it lands in this strange configuration. So my suggestion is to check your string tension at every attempt.

B) If you manage to stick one nth finger into the bottom “loop” it should widen up, stick the th index into it and let go the upper loop; you should be into a submount with the strings crossed near the gap of the yoyo. From here you can roll the yoyo clockwise around your throwhand index and intercept the rightmost string while rolling, cross your arms, release th index, and you should be into a reverse GT. It’s so hard to explain by writing it :smile:

8 Likes

What I do of this happens I have to dismount out the front so I just reject the string out the back. Hope this helps