How common is stripping an edge infinity?

Ordered an edge infinity then heard from someone on discord its easy to strip them and break them when tightenting them up how common is it?

1 Like

If someone or anyone can strip an edge infinity, simply by unscrewing it, and screwing it back together, or trying to, I wouldn’t trust him to peel a banana without injury themselves.

There is no known issue with any of the Infinity series or you would most certainly have already seen something on this forum about it.

Right after I read your post I got a few of mine and tried to break them using a moderate effort.

No problems arose.

If…… there was ‘any’ actual existing problem, Yohans ‘and’ Ben would have already spoke up about it.

And since I talk to Hans on a regular basis for the last 20+ years, no doubt I would have known about it.:joy:

7 Likes

While i understand the previous sentiment, and I’ve not stripped a yoyo (yet). I know of at least three people who’ve had it happen with that particular model. One of these people i personally know to be very careful with his throws.

All of this is anecdotal of course and maybe our accounts for 90% of all cases where this has happened. But it has made me weary of buying that model.

1 Like

Well, I certainly didn’t Co-author the ‘Bible’…so ‘it’ could be a problem I just haven’t heard of till now.

I have no doubt there may be a small number of yo-yo durability related issues I will never hear about.

And if the easy to strip an Infinity is true, it would be News to me😧

If this thread gains any steam, maybe more reports will appear.

I left Yohans a voicemail about this. I will get back when he responds…

In the meantime, I will get a few of mine and try to ‘screw them up’ …

2 Likes

We replaced a couple. 6061 with 8mm axle isn’t something I’d personally design but typically there isn’t a problem unless there are a few impacts which most people avoid on $130+ yo-yos so there isn’t too many issues.

5 Likes

I havent had many issues with any yoyofactory throws in terms of build quality over 14 or 15 years of owning. That said every piece I have from the edge line seems to be a notch above the standard for yoyofactory so I fell like you are in good hands there. Can a problem happen? Sure, am I also confident if you reached out to them it would be rectified, very much so. So I think you are safe either way.

2 Likes