Hot Shot help

(POLLO YOYO) #1

i just got my hot shot a few hours ago and i love it but its too responsive and i wanna know how to change the spacers from the ones that came on it to the thicker ones

(POLLO YOYO) #2

bump

(Mark) #3

It might be responsive because there is too much lube in it and you need to break it in. Also, to change the spacers, I would unscrew the axle and pop out the bearing and put the spacers in where the bearing is supposed to be and then place the bearing on top. I will look for that video that teaches you.

Addition: Here’s a video explaining how to use spacers.

(jared) #4

heres the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfwJPD1vJf4

(POLLO YOYO) #5

thanks i had seen that video but not all of it i just skipped to the playing

(Waylon) #6

i’ve had 2 hot shots and i can tell you they require breaking in. not just the bearing but the o rings as well. once it’s broken in it’s a good throw for the money.

(POLLO YOYO) #7

well when i got it i threw a good sleeper and it slept for 50 seconds and then i replaced the spacers and it went uresponsive so right now i have an uresponsive hot shot with a good gap

(Waylon) #8

cool. i had to break mine in before they were good and unresponsive. it took a few days before i could do slacks or whips because the string kept binding. now it’s one of my favorite throws (my first one broke) and it’s my carry around yoyo.