Homer Yos - Community Inspired Designs

i want to bump this a bit… after this rudimentary idea fty put out 5 yoyos, so e of which were well accepted and appreciated (i think)…

our last project, the simple, prototyped as i started falling out a little bit (a lot) for health reasons. there were 5 made, and it went around to quite a few hands. we had some good feedback, and people still interested after 2 years lol…

but i also want to reflect back on the community. i know a lot of people don’t like me - that’s cool - i can rub people the wrong way. but i want to see if

a) should fty make some moves again?

b) if so what would you like to see? more bimetals lol? i’d like at least one, but i don’t want a bimetal for the sake of - i want it to have purpose. i personally like mononetals and that’s why we produced those mainly

c) should we take a whack at the simple? i’d probably have to do pre-orders until we got rolling again.

d) are there any if our previous models you’d like to see again? who still has fty?

i appreciate these forums, andre the mods and crew that helped us move along. the community has been great to us!

so just looking for some feedback. thank you all!

The General Yo Ministar 2 would be available right here right now on YoyoExpert…

I have your Project Y, Project Ti, and the PV 44. I enjoy playing each of them, but I especially love the PV 44. I think you have a cool brand, and I want to encourage you to produce some new designs, but I must include a warning. For me personally, my yoyo purchasing power was greatly diminished in 2023, and I don’t see that changing in the near future. Also, based on the lower prices I see for premium throws on the BST, I’m guessing I’m not alone when it comes to having a decreased yoyo budget. There’s currently a lot of new yoyos available, and for many, fewer dollars to spend.

4 Likes

thank you man, we really appreciate it!

you have very valid points - it’s quite the competitive market, and i can relate to having a reduced yoyo budget. thanks for your feedback bud!

3 Likes

I’d like to see fty again. I love the team and the designs. From a team member’s perspective though I would have liked to have seen more involvement from yourself with us and more of an openness to discuss new things and potential ideas and opportunities.

That being said, I think the simple should move forward as a BUDGET mono metal. I’m talking ~$50 certainly no more than say $60.

I’d also like to see a rerun of the Project Y with a d-bearing. I know d-bearing organics have been done to death but if there is one yo-yo I own that would actually benefit from a smaller bearing, it’s the Project Y. (It’s already my favorite in the FTY lineup I just think an update would be neat)

As for a bimetal, maybe a collab with Motion? Since @JEA86 was with fty from the start it would make sense to work with him on something special.

Idk just some thoughts and musings. Glad to see this being floated and I hope some very cool things come out of it!

2 Likes

thank you brother, i really appreciate the insight. it was a pleasure having you cats onboard and the support was tremendous. i think it would be cool
to rerun project y, and as a d-bearing would be cool….

thanks for all your support you provided man, it was truly an amazing experience! i am definitely going to be taking this feedback to heart, and see what transpires. appreciated bro!

3 Likes