Hobbygod tutorials thread!

Hey guys! I’m restarting my summer tutorial series this year with a fun and flashy GT tutorial. I’m hoping to put up a tutorial every week from June to the end of August. I’ll be posting them here from my YouTube channel, and also they will be on my Instagram story as well. If you like what you see, follow this thread, subscribe to my YouTube and follow me on Instagram!

I’ve also created a bunch of tutorials last year as well. My entire tutorial playlist will be linked here:

16 Likes

Awesome! I’m working on that fun GT while on vacation. Almost got it, just working on the last step!

2 Likes

Thanks for learning! Let me see when you got it! You can start that last part from an undermount and just grab the strings with your throwhand while your NTH opens up the loop with your fingers. Then it’s literally up and down through the loop.

1 Like

I’m digging the first one, I think I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

Thanks! Let me know how it goes! I have another one uploading Tuesday at 1045 Est. More of a tips and tricks video than a tutorial, for people struggling with beefhook, and some different ways to hit it

1 Like

Can you beefhook? Tips and tricks for beefhook!

This is meant to supplement g2Alpuh’s beefhook video, focusing on tips and tricks that helped me learn beefhook and get it consistent, as well as a few different mounts you can land beefhook from. Hope this helps some of you struggling with the trick!

9 Likes

Looks interesting. I will land this trick with consistency if it takes me the rest of my life. So far, it’s a pretty neat way to get into a brother mount.

2 Likes

Thanks for this tip, now the main problem I’m having is actually earlier - when I do the undercut the yoyo isn’t always ending up on the correct side of the big loop, so bringing it up to land on the top string results in a tangle. I probably just need to manage the string/tension more, but do you have any other tips for that part?

1 Like

Yeah that is the toughest part for me tbh. Doing it slow is what helps me. I think you can actually see me mess up on this part and actually say take this part slow :joy:. You want to undercut it between the loop. I hope that helps.

There’s also a top down at the end of the video that breaks down each step, maybe check that out if you haven’t yet

Edit: if you can record what you’re talking about I might be able to help you out better.

1 Like

It’s definitely tough. I did my best to give out the tips that worked for me, as it’s more of a trick you have to feel to really get it.

1 Like

Just finished recording the tutorial for next week. I think you guys are going to like it. I upped the quality a lot for this one and I hope it pays off. A lot more top down, blacklight for the string visibility etc. Dropping Tuesday at 10am est :slight_smile:

1 Like

HYPE! Haha, can’t wait!

1 Like

Thanks! Gonna be on my trick popsicle

1 Like

Here’s the trick for tomorrow’s tutorial. Believe this was recommended by @JWaugh . Hope you all like it. Will be dropping on my YT at 10am est

6 Likes

Tutorial is up! Let me know what you think! Tried to up the quality on this one.

6 Likes

I almost have the 1st trick down! I can do all the parts individually (sometimes) but haven’t gotten through the whole thing in one go yet.

2 Likes

Awesome! Post it up when you get it!

1 Like

Tutorial going up tommorow morning for reverse Brent into ninja vanish rejection. Had a few viewers ask for it, so I’m making a tut for it. This one will be more like my beefhook tutorial, wherein it will be more of a tips/tricks that helped me video, since Rowland balcom has a good tutorial on it already.

3 Likes

New tutorial up! Reverse Brent stole rejection to ninja vanish! Let me know what you think!

3 Likes

New tutorial up! Dumshot + variations. Something to learn and try for everyone here. :slight_smile: let me know what you think.

2 Likes