HKMT Equipment string?

Got the toru string and thought its pretty good, little on the rough, but I was wondering what people thoughts are on the Arata string?

3 Likes

It’s really good. Although might be a little too similar to some cheaper options to justify the price. Definitely my preferred string though. I bought a ton of it a while back.

Also softer than the Toru but doesn’t last as long.

2 Likes

what does it remind you of in terms of cheaper options? similar to old kitty or sochi?

I haven’t used Sochi yet. Kind of like a really premium version of kitty. I guess I would describe as a less extreme version of Toru. It’s softer and closer to your average kind of string feel but doesn’t last as long as Toru. I remember having a toru on a throw for ages whereas I feel like a lot people would want to change Arata pretty quickly if they don’t like a worn in string. I will say it holds it’s tension pretty well even when worn out though.

2 Likes

Agree with Evertonian. It’s a soft string and pretty thin. I like it but it does fuzz up quick. Keeps tension nice.

1 Like

aratas string was on the soft side and he also use this to his 2a setup not just for 1a. the soft texture whips and bounce quickly when you execute tricks, Not a great price point for 20pcs but its helps support the team hkmt (arata, hajime, toru).