Looking for some replacement bulk string

I’ve been using Buddha string for a while but am beginning to run low. My go-to for getting that string has been a little inactive in the yoyo scene for a while so looking to order here. I also have some Kitty nylon but find it’s a tad on the thinner side (great for my A-sized bearing yoyos and rather save them for my 66% throws as they’re a great match for that) but also a bit on the light side, finding that I really have to exaggerate a whip movement to get anything to happen. What are some good long-lasting bulk string options on here?

For what it’s worth, I preferred Buddha over normal poly kitty, seemed to last longer. It could have been just a little thicker than normal Kitty poly but not as thick as the fat. One of the options considering that the nylon feels fresh for a while is the 1.5 nylon. Any thoughts on that and how it handles whips/slacks?

I am currently using Sochi string (normal and fat depends on yoyos), I prefer Sochi over Kitty string. It feels better in slack tricks. To be honest, I use red Sochi string, so I don’t know the other color.
The different color kitty string has different feelings, I don’t know if Sochi performs the same way.

2 Likes

I was looking at Sochi as well but they’re sold out at the moment.

1 Like

I ordered off their website, which works just fine, but yye is definitely a better all-around retailer, so if you really want sochi, just get it off their website. I’ve been using Kitty XXL in hot pink for the past year before picking up sochi so I can’t really comment on “normal size” strings, other than that sochi is a really good pick.

2 Likes

I’d snag a 10-pack of Knot Bad and give that a shot until Sochi is back in stock.

1 Like

Knot bad is not bad, it is terrible! IMO, Try some boutique string is a better choice.

OP specifically asked for bulk string.

2 Likes

You definitely want Sochi, but you’ll probably want their fatter string as they tend to run thin. Topyo also sells some super cheap string in bulk that’s really soft and decently thick, but it wears pretty fast (kind of like kitty; maybe a little faster). Definitely usable, and for the price it’s great. I want to say $8.99 for 100 and $12.99 for 100 of their “pro strings.” Hard to go wrong with trying a pack for ~$9.

2 Likes

I’d also recommend MFD Vines but I don’t see them on YYE. I just wish they did a size between their normal and thick. I find their thick just a touch too thick for me.

There’s only the normal size in stock at 50 count. Lots more in 10 packs though.

1 Like

oh dang I’ll have to give them a try some time.