Bulk string question

So even though I’m barely an advanced player and haven’t been since I started yoying 2 years ago, I’ve always bought boutique string. I have bought YYSL Ammo and Venom as well as Twisted Stringz Grey Matter. I love the smoothness and whippiness of the gray matter but they are a bit too thick for tricks with multiple wraps. I’ve noticed that all of my string is a little too thick for what my style has become.

What is the best bulk option for my play style? I seem to like smooth and silky string that whips well and holds slack decently. I also really like tight binds, but hate stalling a Yoyo with too many wraps.

Thanks,
Thomas

Regular Kitty String. :slight_smile: Soft, thin enough to not stall the yoyo with multiple wraps.

1 Like

This! Love me my Kitty string :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the responses guys. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Thomas

My go-to bulk strings are fat Kitty and fat Candy Wires. They check all the boxes of holding tension well, whipping well and binding tight and easy. They’re soft and silky on the fingers too, particularly fat Kitty once it’s broken in a bit. And neither are so thick that the yoyo can’t handle quite a few wraps.

1 Like

I love kitty nylon 1.5 you should get it.

1 Like

What does it feel like?

Nylon 1.5 is one of my favorite Kitty strings too. It’s pretty long lasting, softer than most nylon strings, and it has a nice thickness/weight so you get that whippiness you’re looking for.

You may want to look into fat kitty string as well, I would recommend picking up a few different 10 packs of kitty to see what you prefer before buying bulk 100 counts. At $3.50 per 10 pack you can try a few different types without breaking the bank.

2 Likes

I have been meaning to try the 1.5 Nylon Kitty strings myself. Any problems with string burn?

As for the fat Kitty string, I agree with that. I use the fats a lot myself and really like them. They don’t seem quite as wide as the fats from other companies although perhaps that is just my imagination. In any case I use them with both centering and flat bearings without much issue. I just really love the feel of Kitty strings over other types for some reason.

Hopefully YYE will get some restock of the normal neon yellow Kitty string soon :smiley:

1 Like

Its like perfect. I mean normal kitty doesn’t have that weight for slacks or whips. But fat is too fat. 1.5 is balance. Its fat enough for good binds but thin enough for nice play.

And no string burns it feels softer too me.

1 Like

Hmmm…sounds like I need to give the 1.5 Nylon Kitty a try then :slight_smile:

Werrd Blueprint is similar in thickness to regular Kitty, but feels like it have a bit more “weight” to it and therefore is better suited to whips and slacks. Seems to be a bit more grabby on the response than Kitty aswell