Hey guys, I have a couple questions

Hey, whatsup guys?

I recently got back into yoing. I was going through some old stuff in the attic and I came across my old x con and about 70 slick 6. I was trying to find some of the old websites and such that I used to frequent, but to my surprise they are no longer active.

I found this site by chance and I really like this site. The videos are excellent, and it has a cool layout.

My question is, I want a new yo, but there are so many choices out there, the YYJ Fever has caught my eye, also the new poly strings would be cool, are they much different than the slick 6?

I also noticed my YYJ still has the ceramic concave bearing from dif e yo, are these still the best bearings out there?

Thanks guys, happy yoing.

There are people that still use slick 6. If you like it, keep using it! There’s a strong market (relatively speaking of course) for boutique strings right now, in poly, nylon, and even kevlar (plus blends of those)… so you’re spoiled for choice if you want to experiment.

Most people, even if they have other “favourites” still get a lot of mileage out of generic 100% poly, or bulk lots of “Kitty” brand string.

I experiment with every brand out there just 'coz that’s one of the fun parts of yoyoing to me. I’m a big fan of Toxic Snakes, YoyoStringLab’s Type X, and Quick13’s Prototype-1. Just testing the waters with Twisted Stringz, and re-discovered G-String SOLO format. Er… yeah… I don’t have a clear favourite. :wink: Having all these specialty strings hasn’t put me off also having purchased a 100-count of Kitty “Fat” strings.

As for yoyos, haven’t heard people talk much about the Fever, so I wonder if it’s an older model? There are tonnes of great yoyos in every price range, so if you give your price and preferences, people are bound to have a recommendation.

I would recommend a Derain severe

Look at the YYF Pro Packs you get 2+ throws for over half off

Yeah! Every night at 8. Go to shop and click Pro Packs… When they realise click it and get some beast throws for half price.

I got a 35 yoyo and two 26 ($52) for the price of 35. AWSOME!!

Polyester strings are better than slick 6 string. I don’t like slick 6 string for unresponsive, but that is my preference. The ceramic concave bearing is a great bearing still. The Yoyojam Fever looks like it would be a good yoyo. Most yoyos come with a polyester string, so you can compare them to slick 6, and then you can decide if you want to buy more.