Henrys Tiger Snake Review

I’ve been playing with Henrys yoyos since I began yoyoing pretty much, so I’m particularly loyal to them (and Duncan) but I don’t throw them as often as I used to anymore (I still do, though). I will now review my favorite older Henrys yoyo, the Tiger Snake.

Overall rating: 6/10
I really do like this yoyo. I had so much fun with it that I got back into yoyoing, and I’m grateful that I did.

It’s a good, smooth, throw, especially for a plastic. It has little to no vibe on a good, lubed bearing day. However, once it’s bearing starts to dry a little (like most yoyos) it will vibrate, shake, and make a ton of noise. I found this annoying, as it turned out to be a semi often occurrence.
It’s good especially for looping tricks and tricks such as around the world or rock the baby ie looping and picture tricks. It’s sleep time isn’t long. Maybe at best one minute?
It’s the hybrid shape, a cross between the Imperial shape and the Butterfly shape, which makes it all right for landing string tricks. I think Henrys did about a good a job as one can do to make this yoyo playable for all levels of players and most types of play (probably not offstring, but…).
One of the neat aspects of this yo is it’s adjust-omatic dials. (I know that’s not what they’re called, but it’s pretty similar to the yoyofactory velocity’s adjustable dials) that allow you to adjust the responsiveness of your throw. You twist the halves of the yoyo and it becomes less responsive, or, if you have it on unresponsive, more so.
I’ve played with a few actual unresponsive yoyos, and let me just say that in my opinion, the dials on the Tiger Snake that can adjust responsiveness in NO WAY replace the actual feel of an unresponsive yoyo. 8/10 times the yoyo spins out way to fast, slips its bind or just doesn’t work while on unresponsive. I Pretty much just play responsive on the TS.
While on unresponsive, the yoyo still doesn’t really land binds and string tricks, which is a pretty big problem for me, because I like strong binds.
Even though this may sound like I don’t like this yoyo, I have really enjoyed playing with it, and I just had a few problems with it. If you’re looking for a good beginner throw, the TS is a great buy because it’s hybrid shape, unresponsive and responsive, it’ll take a beginner through a few levels of play, then I’d recommend an upgrade to an actual unresponsive, preferably metal.
I hope you enjoyed this review, and I hoped it helped you gain clarity on the TS (if you were looking for some).
Thanks for reading!

Specs? Can it be made unresponsive by running the bearing dry and bringing the gap out?