Hendy's yoyo design thread (UPDATE: New design on page 6)

The 3yo3 volume has an undercut too. Maybe the Hammerhead and the other extreme H 3yo3s

Haha :3

I looked at all the pics of the volume, definitely doesn’t have an undercut. It has the same kind of look, though.
And the Hammerhead is Acrylic :wink:

Accidental post, ignore please

I owned one, There is definitely one!

From the HSYY review

See it? :slight_smile:
And The Hammerhead, I had no idea xD

I never knew the volume was shaped like that :o

Well, you got me! That photo is much more revealing than the ones on their website. I stand corrected :smiley:

Indeed! Haha, I’d love to see you make the Pathfinder into a alu or steel press fit ring x delrin yoyo!

I’ve always wanted a Delrin with metal rings, that would be pretty sweet. Definitely lots of ideas to play around with. Glad that you’ve taken an interest!

Also, here’s a less distorted pic of the Wanderer’s profile (I also fixed the “speed-bump” issue yoyodoc pointed out).

Looking darned good!

Thanks you very much!

Gonna give this a bump. Anyone else feel like giving some feedback? All advice and criticism is appreciated, it’s all part of learning!

load the rims as much as possible; everyone likes a yoyo that spins long.

For sure! I’ve been trying my best to optimize weight distribution.

Cam cam will let me try em first! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it would look better without the inner ring. I realize you probably need this for some weight towards the middle of the yoyo but I think aesthetically it would look better without it. It kind of reminds me of a x3 stampede. I would probably take the inner ring out and add the weight to the rims. It looks good though and I can tell you have a lot of interest in the yoyo design process and you’re very enthusiastic. Keep at it bro and always remember that if you can add something to the design that hasn’t been done before, something that sets yours apart from all the other’s, that’s what really gets consumers attention. Additionally, if whatever sets yours apart from the others is also performance enhancing, they will sale. For example, one drop’s side effect’s. Being able to change the weight as well as the look, pure genius. Also hubstacks, even though they’re not for everyone and they don’t necessarily enhance the performance, they were something different and everyone wanted to try them. The people who thought of these designs are normal people just like you and me. If they can do it, you can do it.

Thanks very much! I’ll definitely keep all these points in mind.

Also, just a little note for people, if you could direct some more feedback towards the Pathfinder. The Wanderer was my first attempt at making a legit yoyo design. Although I have, of course, been trying to optimize its design, I haven’t put as much effort into its aesthetics and performance as the Pathfinder.

A thumb grind ring would be good on the pathfinder.
Also, make it good for vertical finger grinds(those seem to be pretty popular).
Could you post more pictures of different angles

Sorry I didn’t post a pic of the cup. It actually is perfectly suitable for fingerspins.
I’ll get some more pics up soon, as well as some pics of the delrin version with weight rings.

Ah, yes, their called fingerspins.
You might want to make it possible to fit fhz caps just for fun.
On thing I would be worried about is the weight rings getting loose. I’m not sure if this is a realistic worry though.