Help with Rejection to Ninja Vanish

I can’t for the life of me seem to consistently land Reverse Brentstole rejection to Ninja Vanish. I land it like 1 in 30. It’s driving me crazy. I feel like my technique is off. Any help thanks.

3 Likes

I see that you have the slack form but maybe it needs to be bigger. How consistently can you land ninja vanish from a breakaway?

What made the difference for me was doing ninja vanish faster before the yoyo would fall down. I think you will see better results if you let the slack form and do it fast enough before the yoyo starts falling.

2 Likes

I used to have this exact problem. There were two tips that really helped me. 1. Wrap the string around your throw hand, which will make the string more manageable. 2. Put your throw hand directly in front of your non-throw hand, which should make the string reject faster, and give it more momentum going around the string. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

I try to bring my hands together before doing the rejection, to make sure i have enough slack. Sometimes the reverse brent can leave you with a small triangle which can be difficult to do reverse ninja vanish. Another way to do this is to do a flip between the 2 elements like this Takeshi version of the trick

With a good rejection and enough slack, most of the ninja vanish part about is getting the right placement of the yoyo in the air. I don’t make much of a movement with my non throw hand as the string rejection does most the work.

3 Likes

I’m pretty consistent with the normal one. Like 7/10. I’d say I’m about as consistent popping back up into a NV after a failed attempt with no additional adjustments.

I’ve watched all the tutorials. I typically fail due to the second common mistake shown here. I think because I don’t get the slack to come up and over quick enough. I feel like I get a strong rejection but maybe it isn’t enough.