Help with a bearing

No video?!! Pshhh. :slight_smile: Iā€™ll have to try that the next time I get a stuck bearing.

Iā€™d really like to see a video of this. :slight_smile:

So, you lay a yo-yo string across the bearing and then reassemble it? Tight?

Iā€™m fairly certain that will destroy the integrity of the bearing seat on a plastic or aluminum yo-yo.

Again, please show.

Soooo, I tried this on a Dingo that had a tight bearing just to see how it would work. The method did get the bearing off the side it was stuck on, but it also cut through the string when I tried to pull the bearing off, which left the bearing stuck on the other half of the yoyo. I then had to use pliers to get the bearing off of that half. I rather expected the string to snap prior to trying it. Anyway, just thought Iā€™d share my mileage with this technique. And perhaps I missed something ā€¦

Here:

2 Likes

Thanks for that man. I always heard ā€œstring trickā€ and had no idea it applied to anything other than a hubstack. Much appreciation for this tutorial. Iā€™ll be referencing it often when I see those "my bearing is stuck in ā€œXā€ yo-yo.

You da man. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I guess itā€™s just a matter of not overtightening. Nicely done.

If I can help even just one person a day or make one person happy for a few minutes a day, Iā€™ve had a great day.

Thank you, the humble yoyo, for making many great days, not just for myself, but for many others.

Iā€™m glad I can share information Iā€™ve found. Sometimes, a video can help fill in the blanks when the words arenā€™t adequate.

1 Like

This has been added to the List of useful modification and maintenance guides

Thatā€™s weird, all my solid spin yyjs have had a tight bearing seat on one side and loose on the other.

Arrgh! Every time I try this, my string comes apart which is extremely frustrating.
Any help on that would be appreciated.