Dark Magic 2 help?

Hi all,

I’m fairly new to yoyoing, and I’m having a little trouble changing the bearing on my dark magic 2. I switching it out for the first time and am trying to remove the responsive bearing. I’m using a small pair of pliers, however, the bearing simply isn’t coming out. I’m afraid that if i pull to hard it’ll break the bearing or something, and that’s $40 down the drain. This is probably a noob question haha but im having a little trouble. What am i doing wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

That’s a bit odd. That bearing should just lift out. In any event, in your case grab it with the pliers and rock it back and forth while pulling. The rocking is more important than the pull.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you soooo much.

Mine never has. All my YYJ’s are like this.

On the older style bearing mount, yes, they can be tight. On the newer Solid Spin Axle System, my experience has been that they are a loose fit.

Mine have always started off tight, and gotten looser. Old style and new style.

For me on my older no solid spin axle Atmosphere the bearing didn’t stay in. Then when I polished the rings I tightened the bit on the bearing seat and squeezed the middle part in. now it’s a tight fit.