Help on new yoyo choice.

Ok everybody, I realy want a yoyo with hubstacks (Like super bad, if your willing to get rid of one check the B/S/T forums) I was thinking about just buying a PGM (My nextpaycheck is coming in tomorrow, so money wont be a big issue.) and then I thought, well if I am going to go that far why not go all the way. Why not pick up a metal. Now heres my first problem. Should I buy a metal? I’ve yoyoing for about 4-5 months now. Im not the fastest learner but Im making my way. I can do all the beginner and intermediate tricks on this site and I can do most of the advanced and even one or two of the expert ones. I was wondering if maybe I should wait to buy such an advanced piece of awesome untill Im better?

And then the yoyos, I like the bigger yoyos, (I have big hands and they just feel better in my hands. Like the DM is perfect)

I have narrowed it down to the G5 or the DNA… Im leaning a little more to the G5, what do you guys think about these two yoyos in comparison? I think im leaning twards the G5 because it has a silicone response, and Im fimilar with silicone, but I have no idea what a K-pad is. So any help would be great, Thanks in advance guys, Im sure you all will hook me up with some awesome advice!

I’d go with the G5. There are soooooooooooooooo many G5’s out there its insane. Something about the DNA seems bad to me. Its a little under-rated

Wait for the Hectic. $65 - $75 for a metal with stacks.

Or you can get one at BAC if you’re planning on going.

OORRRR, you can buy one on yoyonation.

lol how many people checked yyn after reading this? i’ll start by saying i did!

I would get a DNA,DMs and DNAs are the most similar yoyos you can get IMO,and you said the DM is perfect in your hands,so it should be great for you! :wink:

Here is something that might help you:

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?

This survey was created by Samad.

Well, K-Pads are actually Kentaro Pads. These are silicone but in well, pads, but now sure how they are white. They have the same unresponsive effect, but I think K-Pads have tighter.

IMO, DNA.

Hold on. Does the Hectic come with stacks? I thought it was a part of the YYF fundamentals line without stacks.

Äs a lot of others said, the DNA is similar in size to the Dark Magic. The feel in your hands will be probably the same. But remember that the DNA is much lighter than the Dark Magic. But you said that the Dark Magic was perfect in your hands, that makes the DNA fitted for you.

K-pads is a great response system from what I’ve heard. Texturized silicone will give you really tight binds while maintaining unresponsive play.

I would have to go with Dna because of the new mutant Dna coming out soon. It looks soo cool.

Im going to fill out that survey.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
    Medium is what I think the DM is.
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
    Umm, I like the flat rims but would like to try an H-shape yoyo
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
    So far I love the Hybrid and Silicone
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
    Not really, I mean the most “Modding” I’ve done is cleaning a bearing
  5. Does color matter?
    Yeah, I would prefer some decent color choices, (I was thinking green or silver… )
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
    I like doing alot of whips and grinds, and anything I can do one-handed. I realy want to try some stacks.
  7. What is your price range?
    No more than $150, and thats really pushing it
  8. What is your skill level?
    I’d say right Advanced-Intermidiate.

Seriously, WHERE CAN YOU BUY A PGM?

and does PGM stand for something?

http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyofactory/grind-machine/

Support the site.

PGM = Plastic Grind Machine

Do you really want a big one? I know I used to, until I got to the master’s trick section. It was impossible for me to do a ladder escape with a DM, but with a speedmaker I can do it fine.

oh, that would be classic G5, DNA is about a little larger than DM. If you want the yoyo to be undersize and H-shape, that would be G5 with Z stacks and regualr stacks.

Happy Throwing! =]

DNAs arent noticably bigger than DMs IMO,but they are(not in diameter).
Anyways,G5s are bigger arent they?

Going by your preferences, I think you would like the Superstar. It’s larger and H-shaped like the G5, but it’s wider and the rims are flatter. If you want to go a different direction and go slimmer, the G5 is an excellent choice. The DNA is much more different than the other two. It’s wide and full-sized, but it has a rounder shape that’s similar to a Hitman. All three are very smooth, and all 3 are awesome players.

YoYoFactory is a great company, so you’ll be happy with whatever you choose! :wink:

Correction; The SuperStar fits perfectly into your preferences. And it has silicone response, but in form of a texturized K-Pad giving you tight binds. You get the stacks and H-shape as well, and it fits your preference in size aswell. In addition to that, it’s beadblasted, which= nice grinds.

My friend recently got a superstar and recently traded for an aqua 08 888 now the one fatal flaw to the superstar is that it is way to big for tricks like white buddha, ladder escape, pacman, plan D, and many other seemingly impossible to do tricks that you need to pop the yo-yo through small loops and holes but with the superstar chances are you are going to have an increasingly hard time leaning all these trick when the time comes. I have tried my friend’s superstar and the beadblasting is great, but the size is not…

Oh ya and my friend traded it within 3 days of getting it no 2 days!!!

Well, I think that Ando made a lot of complicated tricks at worlds and he managed pretty well. And André seem to manage those tricks with his DM which is about the same size. So the size shouldn’t be a big problem.