Help on finding a new yoyo?

I have used the Dark Magic and PGM v2 before, I liked the PGM more for its smoothness, and its binds didn’t snag like the Dark Magic. My price range is $50/under. Any recommendations?

I hear that the protostar and northstar are pretty good. (and starlite)
I also hear that yyj revolution is smooth

B-grade Kyo DNS is my smoothest yoyo (compared to yuuksta, lyn fury, dash, g5+, FH2, raider)

Well, by looking at the videos for the ProtoStar and NorthStar its between those two, can I get plus’s and and negatives of each, and also which one fits what playing style (( not 1A 2A etc )).

well, I am pretty sure what you are trying to say is what play style they can be used for? Well the prtostar and northstar are the same type of yoyos, and they can be used for 1a, 3a, 5a, and 4a. Also the starlite is incredibly smooth, and of course. It glows in the dark!

Lol, starlite/northstar different yoyos buddy.

Also, what about the 44 clash? I see one for $45 on another site.

44 clash is incredibly small…
If you want an affordable metal, consider a B-grade Kyo DNS, which should cost less than the 44 clash.

From what I’ve read/viewed, the northstar, protostar, and starlite are VERY similar in shape.
The difference is in the weight and weight distribution. Starlite should have the least total weight and least rim weight. Don’t think poorly of the starlite. Of the three (north/proto/starlite), I decided to get a starlite because I like lighter yoyos.

These yoyos are for string play (1A, 3A, 5A). If you want a 2A looping yoyo, you’d want a narrow gap and imperial or modified shape, like a yomega raider ex.

Based on your first post, I assumed that you wanted a smooth, full-sized yoyo that can bounce on the string. If you want a small yoyo, yuuksta’s very nice.

Eugh…its between the ProtoStar and the NorthStar.

ProtoStar doesn’t need shims, and those are annoying with the PGM.

But NorthStar seems a bit smoother…

Looks like I need more help guys :stuck_out_tongue:

You could go for the dm2 or the revolution.

For a little more heavy feeling throw I recomend the counter attack. I have tried Protostar, and I kind of like it, but I keep hearing one bump and your in wobblyville. Northstar is almost the same, but I hear you don’t even half to bump it for that.