Help on boing e boing

I learned boing e boing like 2 weeks ago and I was able to do it perfectly for a week, but now that I stopped practicing it as much and started learning other tricks, I completely forgot how to do the motion. Has this ever happened to you and any tips?

4 Likes

This happened to me as well. I got so used to only doing a couple boings as part of a combo, that when I tried to just do the trick I didn’t have the rhythm anymore. I finally just spent hours one day to force myself to relearn it. Just remember its all about that up and down rhythm, don’t try to go too fast, and let the yoyo do most of the work.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve learned boingy boing 3 or 4 times. If I don’t practice it regularly I lose it very quickly. Only tip I have is to practice it for a few minutes every time you yo-yo, at least for a good while.

1 Like

I’ve found that it helps to have your upper hand closer to your body than the lower hand so that the string array is slightly tilted. This also makes it easier to get the boing started.

4 Likes

I remember when I first learned boing e boing. Thought it was the coolest trick in the world. Yes the motion of the hand going up and down is the key to this trick. don’t go too fast.

1 Like