Help needed, String/Yoyo/Bearing mainly.

hmm since you’re not ready for all metal yet, well maybe a bi-metal may be great. BUT from what the dark magic2 i have, it vibes on 8 out of 10 throws i give. but on the other hand, protostar and northstar have rareley any vibe also including the fact that it comes with a center-track.
But for all other topics, I’d have to agree with Batryn.

Erm skeleton… generally, if the parts in a yoyo are off, it’ll vibe all the time… try to throw it, and then tune the vibe down with your index…

And you can always take another yoyo instead of my suggestions, those are just there to be there. As for the remaining $50… you can grab something random, or you can save it.

wait, what do you mean by “off”? And I’ve done everything to stop it from vibing, but it just vibes.

I’m no engineer, but if the tolerance isn’t right- and that causes vibe, than it should vibe 100% of the time… try taming the vibe by touching the yoyo with your finger. Anything?

Uh… What’s a vibe? I want something to buy from YYE, Loop 720’s and NXG’s are not sold atm. Both stopped, for Loop 900’s and Unleashed’s

HELP ME!

I just want to buy everything from YYE, thin lube is out of stock I’m thinking of getting 2 shinwoo loops. A kk bearing, dm2, 2 duncan gloves, standard YYJ bearing. I think thats all, are Duncan gloves a rip-off? Should I just find nylon gloves?

Yeah. Gloves are gloves. I think the duncan ones have the 3,4,5 fingers cut off. You need string, response, and some kind of lube though. DM’s response can be served by buying silicone at a hardware store and filling it in, no idea what response shinwoo uses, but if it’s a pad you’ll need to buy those. String you can make, or buy the YYE 100 pack string. Lube, either valve oil from a music store, 3 in 1 oil, sewing machine oil, or just buy the thin lube.

EDIT: Vibe is vibration. Normally, cheaper yoyos have a bit of vibration that you can feel, and sometimes see as well. When you buy better, precision made ones, there’s less vibe. And I’d search up some reviews on shinwoo, just in case. I know the DM2 is a great yoyo and you’ll have no problems.

dm2 just has vibe. like brand new outa the box ok? not my throw. my metal’s outa the box no vibe until now. dm2 has some vibe like medium. you are going to see it but maybe not feel it. the dm2 medium vibe does not effect play but to tell you that not every throw you throw at it will be totally solid.

Oh… generally, the bi-metals and plastics well have vibe due to how they’re made. For a vibeless yoyo, everything has to be symmetrical, the axle needs to fit in tightly, and the bearing seat needs to be machined very well. Unfortunately, the molding process doesn’t seem to do the job that well, and the combining of the rims and plastic for bi-metals don’t help make it less vibey. However, for the price, it is very good. For me, $60 M1 is my cheapest most vibe free yoyo.

yeah, i noticed that there was a tiny gap between the rim and the plastic body. it’s not perfect…