Help me pick between ss koi and 303 bowl

I’m looking to cop a stainless steel organic that’s not a pocket throw like my lowerkase. I love 52mm yo-yos but the rainbow bowl 303 is drop dead gorgeous. Is there anything I should know that sets these two apart from each other? Please help

I’ve owned all the yoyos you’ve mentioned in your post. If you’re looking for just a larger lowerkase, the ss koi is actually decently close, just note it’s a D bearing. I prefer the 303 bowl personally, it’s MUCH floatier and definitely less performant, but you get a C bearing and a larger diameter.

2 Likes

Yeah, what makes this tough is that I love d bearing yo-yos and I also love yo-yos that are around 52 mm in diameter which the stainless steel Coi checks of both boxes but I’ve seen so many more glowing reviews for the 303 bowl everything I’ve seen has been like universal praise for it and they have it currently available in the rainbow finish, which looks stunning, so I’m I’m torn

I’m probably not too much help here because I technically haven’t played with either. That said, the Bowl is my favorite throw. I have a Ti Bowl and a Bowl XL and they’re #1 and #2 in my collection. I’d recommend a Bowl of any variety to anyone in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

If the SS Koi plays anything like the aluminum one I’d avoid it like the plague.

1 Like

Really ? U don’t like the koi then? How bout the bowl?

1 Like

I’ve been wanting a Bowl for a while, just waiting for RSO to do another run. As for the Koi, yeah, it’s one of two or three yoyos I own that I don’t like. It doesn’t play like any of my other organics, which is probably about half my collection. It’s kind of like an organic trying to be a V and failing miserably. I gave it to my kid and he only took it because “It looks cool.”

1 Like

Okay full disclosure. I have the regular aluminum koi as well. But I happen to really enjoy mine :sweat_smile::grimacing: but I probably haven’t tried nearly as many other organically as u I’m sure. But that’s exactly why I’m trying to add to my collection. I also just ordered a hatrick 2 and the end part 2 prelude

I seen a few RSO The End part 2 are available on another website. Those look so awesome, I would love to try one. I love undersized yoyos. Another organic alot of people told me to get over the koi which I did and love is the Heaven Sent Creep.

Just realized we are talking SS organics. Oops haha

3 Likes

Oh well then there you go. If you do like the aluminum one i imagine you’d like the steel version. Then again, if you don’t have a Bowl, you want a stainless steel yoyo, and the price works for you, you should probably get it while you can. It seems like RSO’s disappear fast and take a while to return, if they ever do. Meanwhile, that SS Koi has been readily available for a while now.

2 Likes

if your kid ever drops it i wouldn’t mind picking it up from you ;3, been wanting a koi

2 Likes

Hahaha I’ll keep you posted. :wink:

1 Like

If you wanna wait for a bit I got something coming that blows the doors off both those at the end of the year/january

7 Likes

Teaser pics required.

1 Like

Somewhere in here :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Bold claim. Looking forward to that!

But my 2c is 303 Bowl if you like full size throws.

2 Likes

I just got my aluminum koi and i’m disappointed with it :sob:
Its shape and looks is one of the best organics that i have, but it just plays so weird, feels hallow for some reason! Also is SUPER LOUD like its noise is obnoxiously loud!
Im hoping that i can get a bowl on the next drop!

is this the ss good life collab :pray::pray::pray:

Right? It’s a beautiful piece of work, but it just plays so yuck! All my other organics have a very similar feel in the way they play, no huge surprises. But the Koi is like, “I’m gonna snag hard and hit you in the neck. Now I’m gonna tip over. Now I’m gonna play like every other organic. Now I’m gonna spin out in ten seconds.” Like it’s crazy or something.

3 Likes

^ You need to play some RSO’s !

3 Likes