RSO recommendations/comparisons question

I’ve been interested in the shapes at least Rso makes and tried only the bowl xl so far really
But all the ones I think I may like are mostly the stainless/ti’s

So what are these like? And from those who have had all/ some of them how would you compare them to each other or any ones below if you have/thrown multiples on the list?

Ti bowl
Ti bowl udon
303 bowl
Gravity
Martian

Haven’t thrown a stainless steel yo-yo yet and it certainly seems like a shape I could like but is on the pricier side for the 303 bowl at least compared to a normal monometal/bi-metal

I have thrown as a baseline of info at least organic wise (no particular order) just for context of discussion wouldn’t be lost comparing really I guess mostly common organics now that I am looking at the list lol
OG grail
Bowl xl
MCMO
Koi
Pano/diorama
Stormberry
Cloudberry
Thunderberry
Backstage pass
Geleda 2.0
Top deck
Prime8
Kraken
Pomelo
Noah
Contact
Ti-vayder

3 Likes

Ti Bowl is whatever, I’d skip it. Some people love it but for me it was just a slightly center biased organic with really thin walls… so the same experience you can get from a 303 Bowl for half the price. In my opinion it was the biggest waste of money I’d ever played. Not a bad yoyo by any means, but 100% not worth the price to me.

End Part 2 is really frickin good and there’s truly nothing else like it on the market. It feels like getting the best yoyo ever from the mid/late 2000s. Nothing you’ve played even comes close to it.

If a more narrow and highly customizable Markmont Classic sounds like your jam, you want a Gravity.

I can’t speak to the Martian but if you wish you could get a Canvas/Diptych, maybe this is an alternative to look at.

6 Likes

The Udon Bowl is my favorite yoyo, period. I love organics and this just nails it for me. Perfect amount of float, power, and spin time.

The 303 Bowl is really up there, though. I’m seriously impressed, just as a yoyo, but especially it being a full sized stained steel.
Edit: the one I referred to has sold already.

The Gravity is also really fun, but I prefer the Mechabapezilla SE edition at this point.

I also have to agree that the End part 2 is amazeballs, either the aluminum or Ti version.

I haven’t played much with the Martian. It’s definitely a good yoyo, but I just haven’t thrown it enough to form much of an impression.

Keep in mind I’m a huge RSO fan boy, too. I haven’t been disappointed in any RSO purchase to date.

5 Likes

303 Bowl is very heavily on my list of yoyo considerations to buy. The Ti Bowl is definitely cool but the ~400 dollars they can command (at least mine did) on the BST is just way too hefty of a price tag when it wasn’t a yoyo that I loved everything about. At 230 dollars though I could easily justify a similar experience.

1 Like

Ti Bowl and Udon Bowl is the same. The only difference is the color and engraving. SS bowl is the Steel version which play like Steel throw (obviously). There is another version call Extra Noodle which is the rare one that is about 2 gram heavier than regular Ti Bowl (63.6 vs 65.6 if I remember correctly)

Gravity and Martian are more like the inspired throw with Side Effect add in. Martian is Canvas based and the diameter and width about the same as Diptych, I have not played Martian so I cannot give any comment. Gravity is based from TP Majiska V1 and from my preference I still prefer Majiska, but if you like Side Effect and bigger yoyo then Gravity. They looks quite like slim line but they are not.

Some honorable mention is the Tiramisu series, it is the high wall yoyo that packs in with power and fun feeling. I would highly recommend trying this out since finding a Ti Bowl might take a while

4 Likes

I have a RSO Mecha-Bapezilla available, perfect condition and very smooth. The Udon Bowl is one of my favorite models, and this is very much on the same level of awesomeness (this is a duplicate, I wouldn’t sell if it was my last mecha-bape). Much more awesome than Gravity, for example. Just my opinion ? Well of course, and my opinion is not worth anything. But you’ll notice people get rid of their Gravity all the time, there are a whole bunch available now. Mecha-Bapezillas getting sold now ? None, even though he did many runs.

5 Likes

This is my experience
Gravity with all the variations with all the extras available very modular you will get a lot of options in one throw, I will admit I have thought about selling the Gravity but every time I throw it I just can not do it, it is just too cool to let go of. Bapezilla Side Effects any flavor… then you will be good for a while….

Until the night sweats start…

2 Likes

Ti Bowl is my favorite throw ever, or maybe the Topyo Steel. They are close. They play nothing like the Grail, they are extremely stable and play like a low walled throw. The 303 plays a lot like the Ti Bowl. The gravity is its own thing, like a smaller MARKMONT with more oomph. The Ti Mini Bowl is the most middle of the road. Plays perfect but nothing jumps out at you. The mini bowl stainless is the best undersize ever with the End 2 and Mecha Bape very close behind. The Martian is a tad less stable than all of the aforementioned. It’s like an ultra ultra high end FHZ Al with a bigger catch zone.

2 Likes

I haven’t thrown titanium yoyos yet and also Bowl 303 is the only RSO I tried. These facts are forcing me to get titanium RSO now. Bowl 303 is an amazing yoyo, which is so floaty, unique, fast, stable enough and has very attractive appearance. Throwing it for like 10 days since I get it. Not so expensive as titaniums, clean look, awesome playfeel, very cool sound and overall banger for me. Highly recommend!

4 Likes

Thanks for all the responses!

Definitely seems like some of them are worth one day tracking down and maybe adding a “end” one as well to the list/mix since it sounds like it throws so different!

Also that’s great to know on the 303 bowl cause yeah that price is much more manageable than the $400 Ti version

I’m trying to finalize the hitlist of yo-yos that aren’t new releases that I have heard great things that I think I may like before saying my collection is in a good spot so this has been helpful!

2 Likes

They are all good, get what you can get. Looks like a new Sushi :sushi: on the horizon.

1 Like