Help me out

I dont have a price range at all I almost want it expensive and I do want a new yoyo but really good for string tricks. I think one of the really important things is if it has good spin time. Has anyone used Theory is it any good. I just need to find the perfect yoyo if you know what i’m saying.

one other thing is is i have no clue how to clean or lubricate my bearing. Does anyone know a good video I need to be able to learn a lot more about yoyos like how to clean them and stuff I am trying hard to get good and I need some help.

also what is a good like yoyo maitnece kit with like lube and bearings and the other things next to the bearings and friction stickers and stuff like that just a random good kit you can restock and carry around well.

who could i call i have so many questions about every thing

I also dont like plastic yoyos very much

Is the genisis any good

Whoa. You need to edit your posts. Not keep posting. I’m guessing you’re new to yoyoing since you don’t know much about maintenance. I would highly suggest you get a dark magic or a classic. Something cheaper. You won’t find a perfect yoyo. There’s no such thing. Take it slow and start off small.

To answer that small wall of questions:
-There is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ yoyo. Something you love, I may loathe. Case in point: I’m not a huge fan of anything YYJ have made but some members refuse to use anything but.
-That being said, I keep hearing good things about the YYJ Theory.
-Bearing maintenance is pretty simple. Unscrew the yoyo, use a multi tool or a pair of pliers to gently remove the bearing. Soak and swish the bearing around in some mineral turpentine for a few minutes. Spin it dry and/or let it air dry. Apply just one drop of thin lube (YYJ Thin, YYF thin or One Drop V4M would be my picks) and replace in yoyo. This only needs to be done when the bearing starts to make some loud grinding noises. Also, don’t use too much lube as this will make the bearing responsive for a short while.
-As far as I know, there’s no really good pre-assembled kit of maintenance tools. I bought most of my stuff separately and keep it in a fishing bait box.
-There’s absolutely nothing wrong with plastic but hey, if you don’t like them, then no sense wasting time and money on one.
-The Genesis is a good yoyo but it’s a pretty big leap from a Metal Zero. I’d suggest something a little more budget friendly like a YYF Severe ($45) or if you must have metal, a C3 Capless ($65) or sOMEThING FirMY ($70).

Hope that helps.

Yuki

I dont know how to work with an unresponsive yoyo. I want to get better i know how to do double or nothing i am working on learning split the atom i want a yoyo good for complex string tricks but the genisis is bad? I need someone around where i live so i can talk to them and I still dont know how to clean my bareings. The evolution also looked pretty good but i just need help understanding. What metal yoyo should i buy.

Don’t buy a metal. Your first yoyo should be a cheaper throw. I would highly suggest a Dark Magic 2. You can do just as much with it as a $150 yoyo. You can go responsive or unresponsive with it also. It is a perfect beginner and advanced yoyo.

I also agree, I wouldn’t go spending over $80 if you are not really that deep into the hobby, because you may quit. That being said, it’s your money. Spend it how you like.

no i wont quit i really want to get better im trying really hard i play with it everyday.

First go to this link.

scroll to the bottom several videos there will give you the basics of maintaining your yoyo.

Second no yoyo is the best yoyo.

everyone likes something different so no one can answer that question for you.

Finally you are going to wreck your first yoyo when you start doing serious string tricks everyone does. Don’t spend a lot of money on it you’ll just cry yourself to sleep otherwise.

added note if you are having issues with spin time with your metal zero on double or nothing or split the atom. You need to clean it.

or you need to go back to basics and keep throwing until your throw is perfectly straight without the string touching the sides.

Don’t get a metal. You’ll destroy it. Pick up a Northstar, it is super stable, durable, and cheap.

I believe YYF changed the name to the Shaqlerstar due to Jensen leaving.

I havent destroyed my metal so far I cleaned my freehand bearing just to try it out it got alot of junk out but now it still sounds just as bad as it did. I used mineral spirits I kind of want to get a concave bearing for my metal zero what do you think and what size would it be. The spin time on split the atom isnt the problem I need more spin time learning the trick than I will doing it.

Yoyoexpert, Contacting YoYoExpert:

We know you have lots of questions and we want to get you an answer fast so please feel free to contact us anytime:

By Email: Contact@YoYoExpert.com

By Phone: USA: (413) 551-9696

Our current phone hours are Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm Eastern Standard time.
However we also answer emails generally within 24 hours over weekends and after hours. So if you want a faster reply during non-business hours please send an email.

The Northstar is still Jensen’s signature.

The YYF Shaqlerstar, is Team Shaqler’s version of the Northstar.

The second bit is correct, the first, not so much.

The Northstar is no longer his sig. It no longer has his name on the caps.

Sorry for coming in late:

First: What are you using? Hard to say what to upgrade from if we don’t know what you’re using.

Second: Working on your throw is the best upgrade you can get in order to get better. I found this to be my biggest upgrade was just throwing better. My throws gradually improved from 25 seconds to over 2 minutes, to over 5 minutes. However, on a throw and sleep, it’s not a good utilization of my time. This is more a measure of your throw and equipment. Spin on a throw is different than spin times when you’re actually playing the yoyo.

Third: A clean bearing can be an amazing upgrade. This can be as simple as properly cleaning out your existing bearing. Depending on your skill level here, this can be a major improvement with little to no cost. Sometimes you do need a new bearing. One thing is that I’m not saying stick with flat bearings only, but consider that a bad throw on a great bearing in an amazing yoyo is a bad throw on a great bearing in an amazing yoyo and isn’t going to help you. A centered string on a bad throw doesn’t do much for you.

After that, I find that the V-shapes give a more generous catch zone. More rim weight helps with stability and long spin times, but only if it’s a straight, strong throw. But, there’s also amazing H-shapes, such as the Royale.

Don’t let cost be a factor in determining good or not. The Classic with upgraded response and bearing becomes awesome fast. People are regularly competing with the $35 Protostar and don’t forget 1A for Worlds in 2010 was won with a $35 Northstar. These days there are some amazing low-cost metals, some of which are available at YYE, some you have to go elsewhere for. But if low-cost/affordable metals are what you are after, might I suggest God Tricks and the C3 Capless and DiBase?

Spending a lot on a yoyo won’t make you a better player. Having a good yoyo can certainly help, I won’t deny that. Without the skill to back it up, you’re just playing an expensive yoyo. I love my Anglam, it’s one of my favorites, followed by my Phenom. But, I can still be happy and as “productive” with a Classic with a wider bearing and a siliconed response. I still play my DM2 nearly daily.

Evaluate everything before you run out to spend your money. YYE will take your money and they will sell you a great yoyo. While I’m not a YYE employee, I do know they want you happy. However, until you throw it and find out for yourself if you actually like it or not, there’s no way of knowing. For me, I have preferences but I have stuff all over the place as far as size, weight, width and whatever. I am usually pretty easy to please. I still research before I buy.

With that in mind, I am about to order a Model 10, Al5 and a Baracuda. I’ve played all but the Model 10 so I know 2 out of 2 I’m gonna like. I also feel the Model 10 will be a good fit as well. I am spreading the purchases around. I like the YYE Baracuda colorway so I’m getting that here. The other two I’m going to keep where I’m going to buy those to myself.

1 Like