Help me out

What yoyo should i get to upgrade and get better?

What yoyo’s do you have right now? That will be the best info in determining what to upgrade to. When I first started I bought a Dark Magic and made it a ways through Andre’s tutorials, and then upgraded to a DV888 and finished them out.

Same here. I throw a G5 now though. I love it. Haha

Doesn’t hurt to get a new yoyo now and then, but the only thing that will make you better is practice.

3 Likes

True practice makes everything better. But it was certainly easier to do trick with a Dark Magic when I upgraded to it from a Lyn Fury. Same can be said when I upgraded from a Dark Magic to a DV888.

really? I can do everything with a DMII that i can with an Avalanche. that’s not much though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Getting better is more dependant on attitude and practice (effort) than the yoyo.

Getting a new yo can refresh the attitude though and improve motivation. :wink:

Let us know what you have and what you are considering getting and we can probably supply some suggestions.

I started with a freehand and now i have metal zero and i really need help to find a yoyo that will sleep longer than what i have so i can get better tricks.

Grab a Classic, and throw in a large C bearing.

Or get a Protostar

Or a DM2

The list goes on and on and on and on…

What I did wAs
Yomega Hyperwarp heavy Wing
Zen 4 great throw $44.99
Majesty
Genesis
Cliff

I would Definitely suggest a zen 4 super light floaty long spin times still one my favorite throws mine is even super beat since it was my first metal but it’s still super smooth

what’s your budget? If you want a new cheap throw that does what you want a legacy or trigger will do fine.

I’d say to pick from this list:
Adegle PSG
Adegle Asteroid
C3 alpha crash (My personal preference)
yoyojam trigger
yoyojam chaser
yoyojam pinnacle
yoyofactory protostar
yoyofactory northstar
Yoyofactory Onestar

a lot of people on here love those 2 throws and would say they can sleep long enough for you to do any of the tricks on the trick list of yoyoexpert.

If those two aren’t sleeping long it could be your throw or they could need maintenance. If you have the wide bearing spacers in and you are still having a issue i would look at the bearing cleaning threads or just buy a new bearing.

if you really want a new yoyo just to get a new yoyo then I would agree with all the suggestions that have been made so far but you can get good with the ones you already have if that’s what you are worried about.

1 Like

The Metal Zero… If you haven’t yet
-clean the bearing
-only use one friction sticker
-worse case scenario get a another bearing

You can do any of the tricks in the tutorials with a Metal Zero.

If you just want new shiny yoyo… figure out your budget and find one that looks cool! I will admit that a new yoyo can add a little something.

When the stuff above doesn’t get your the required results…
There is alway’s the fabled but legendary catsup mod.

I you’re getting unresponsive , The yoyo empire throws are really good for the price.

I dont have a limit I just need a yoyo good spin time and really good for complex string tricks

Pop a Centertrac in your Metal Zero Or just clean the bearing an you should be fine but if you just want a new throw I would gets the Zen 4 super fast long spin times and good looking

What do you have what tricks are you learning and what is your budget? If you want something not to expensive but good enough to do almost every trick get a DM2 Protostar or Northstar. The OneStar is a new one if you like pink and zebras ;).

For me my budget is usually under $80 due to me never having a lot of money at one time. And right now I’m learning hook.