Help me mod my YYF One! (Heavier and Wider gap)

I love my YYF One, but I want it to be heavier and with a wider gab so I can bust out some shweet moves.

Thanks btw!

Look into weight rings and shims.

What shims fit into the One?

Try the YYJ shims. But all you need are shims that fit into a large bearing seat, or whatever bearing size you have.

For what the ONE costs, outside if shimming it(due to costs), it would make sense to me to step up to a different yoyo. How much do you want to spend? The Chaser 2? Legacy II? Prelude? Maybe even the new Pinnacle? I know the Pinnaacle is set up for 5A, just don’t use the counterweight.
Also, have you swapped the slim bearing in the ONE for the larger bearing yet?

I don’t recommend the WHIP only from the position that it’s almost the same weight as the ONE, but I think a slightly larger gap.

Regarding weight, I guess you can find a kit of silicone o-rings and use those to weigh the ONE donw. Not sure how well they would fit as the rim is kind of smooth. You’d have to take the caps out and then put something in there, which will make it a bit more center heavy and that might make it a bit wobbly. Wing-shapes want edge weight or mid-weight(think Phenom/Phenomizm/XCon Pro/Karma)

I understand the need and want to modify thing. I also look at what the item costs and what I might have to throw into something to do what I want, and then figure out those costs and then I have to determine if it’s more cost effective to get something else or modify what I’ve got.

I just modded my one and it works great, the main thing was the weight i added 5 grams of this clay stuff called sugru to the inside rim (be careful to use the same amount on ether side) and i satined it
plus the pad was worn in you can use flowable silicone to get it the same way but any ways it works great.

plus the silicone will help with the responsiveness
yyj shims will probably work

[quote=“modman10,post:6,topic:32813”]
I just modded my one and it works great, the main thing was the weight i added 5 grams of this clay stuff called sugru to the inside rim (be careful to use the same amount on ether side) and i satined it
plus the pad was worn in you can use flowable silicone to get it the same way but any ways it works great.

plus the silicone will help with the responsiveness
yyj shims will probably work
[i just tryed yyj thick shims and thy did not work]

No shims would work on the YYF One, the bearing seat post is just too short to take a shim. If you want to widen the gap, the best choice would be to give the yoyo a slight highwall. To increase the weight, maybe cut the yoyo to accept a weight ring? In short, just buy a YYJ Classic.

For what people want to spend on modding certain yoyos, it’s more cost effective to simply upgrade to something else that does the same thing, often at a decent price.

Classics rock. There’s also plenty under the $20 price range that meet the OP’s needs for ONE-shape, but heavier. Lyn Fury. Ideal. Classic ain’t bad either. Stackless grind machine is a good deal too.

I guess I’m thinking with more of a business mindset than a modder mindset. I could order a Lyn Fury i my next YYE order and have it in 3 days and have probably spent less money on just that item that I would have in time, tools and materials to mod a ONE.

Having said that, if that’s what you want to do, don’t let anyone stop you. But, if it’s a 2011 ONE, consider a Lyn Fury. if it’s a 2012 ONE, also consider a Lyn Fury. Or, and I’m being serious here, the ONE is really a game changer in the “super low cost plastic” market.

The gap can’t be any wider on a one without a highwall like yoyospirit said. But I did this to add weight to mine http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,47135.msg455012.html#msg455012