Help me give away these $200 mystery box items!

I ordered the mega mystery box from @MrYoyoThrower (who shut down Return Top Shop) and it arrived!

Let’s give these items away to people active here on the forums! But how should I do it?

A few ground rules

• USA only please, otherwise shipping gets crazy. I can slip Canada in there if it helps as a tip of the hat to Jeremy who of course is Canadian

• people active on the forum only, for some reasonable definition of the word “active”

• for the smaller items I will bundle them with one of the metal yo-yos, so you can consider this giveaway “metal yo-yo plus 1 or more bonus items”. I count 6 metal yo-yos in there so six things to give away?

Beyond that recommend me a technique! What is a fair fun way to dole this stuff out as a mini not so secret Santa?

10 Likes

Just 1 election per person?

3 Likes

Maybe put together a list of users that are deemed active, and then just use a random number picker. Everyone has an equal chance in theory
When someone wins, take them off the list and draw another number, rinse, repeat.

5 Likes

Can I recuse myself from the list, please? I have too many yoyos already!

4 Likes

Maybe you can make this a contest for the best joke or something like that.

2 Likes

Nope, now I’m sending them all to you! (Also you’re a yo-yo snob anyway, you wouldn’t like these brands :wink: )

4 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea since @anon19434144 bumped a yo-yo jokes topic!

4 Likes

I’m with @smileypants707… we should nominate worthy contributors.

4 Likes

I like that idea better than mine. So I’m going with smileypants dude too.

2 Likes

Let’s nominate people, one nominee per person, code can close the thread after a few days and throw the nominees in a random number generator thingy.

2 Likes

@smileypants707
Put yellow smiley face patches on the jeans you wear in your tutorials…

3 Likes

@codinghorror , give smiling pants dude a yoyo because he really deserves it. He is literally always on this forum and he is a good contributetor.

3 Likes

It is kind of a long story but I already sponsor that player :wink:

(This way he doesn’t need to answer. I mean he is my favorite yo-yoist, after all.)

3 Likes

No! I’m not in this!

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: @codinghorror is that what this is?

3 Likes

It’s whatever we dream up man!

6 Likes

What the heck. Is that a magic flying lawn mower?

5 Likes

Nominations. People with the most nominations get the prizes. Give them to the people who are perceived as most valuable on the forums.

4 Likes

All right, we got multiple votes for nominations!

6 Likes

Nominations seems fun and fair. Another vote for that I guess

2 Likes