Help me decide fam

alright so I’m stuck between a few throws. Choices are photon, meta, black bird, selene, impulse, and the nuit. Kinda leaning towards the Selene and the photon. Nuit looks a lot like a shutter to me. What would you pick?

4 Likes

selene for me I’ve tried it and I love it

3 Likes

I own the photon, selene and silenus from topyo.

The photon is undersized but got a decent width at 43mm which is the same as most normal sized yoyos 1 or 2 years ago. Catchable and stable but feels very dense and bricky. It should be good if you want something to pocket around and do chill tech tricks with. There are faster undersized throws out there.

The selene is great. Very wide and fast moving while being stable. Doesn’t feel heavy like the photon despite the same weight. Spin time is also good. It is a wide v shape and is stupidly easy to grind on if you get the matt finish. It might be abit uncomfortable on the bind if you are not used to the shape and will hurt more than rounded shapes if you smack yourself.

If I remember correctly Lorenzo mentioned that the meta was inspired by the silenus, hence the same profile and similar specs. It also has a dimple for fingerspins. I wanted this too but got the silenus instead because it was cheaper and had awesome colors. If the meta plays anything like the silenus (which it prolly does) then this is a no brainer as well (moves fast despite the weight, stable spin and comfortable shape).

Can’t tell you much about the others. They have cool designs and Ive wanted the nuit in red for awhile now. I’d say all your picks are great all-rounder except for the photon which is a bit more specifically designed towards certain players.

Edit: the matt finish on the selene is not smooth feeling but more like chalk board texture. Feels good on grinds good but generates too much friction on your nail which makes it hard to finger spin.

5 Likes

6 Likes

lmao Twitch!!

2 Likes

I’ve got a Meta, and as far as my limited ability goes, it seems to be a great all-rounder. For fingerspins, getting into the dimple can be a bit of a challenge, but once you do it spins forever. It’s a bit bigger than I’m finding I prefer, so I’m also eyeing the Photon and the Black Bird (and also the Colossus 7075). I’m curious to see what you end up selecting!

2 Likes

this would make sense because it is Lorenzo sig and with him being a reviewer he probably would want a yoyo that can do basically anything

3 Likes

Lmao got eem!

1 Like

Thank you! This was a great reply. Was else other than the photon would you recommend?

1 Like

Right the meta looks just like the silenus. Which I don’t mind but idk. I might get them all and if I don’t like one I can hold a contest on here for a giveaway.

1 Like

If you want topyos I’d recommend the selene, meta or the silenus. Silenus can be hard to find nowadays and you prolly have to look on AliExpress or wait for it on the bst. You could also go for their bimetals if you like which are dominator (kinda like a bimetal silenus/meta), raiser or the refraction (hybrid). Those are around 60$.

2 Likes

I am selling a META if you’re interested…

2 Likes

All that’s true, and it’s a very fun yo-yo, IMO. It feels very stable while it’s still still got decent spin, but the stability drops off surprisingly fast as it slows down.

3 Likes

With this yo-yo I use my knuckle to force the dimple right onto my fingertip, and because it’s got a decent finish it loses almost no speed. Otherwise, it is pretty hard indeed to get it to settle down into the dimple on its own.

2 Likes

Sorry I would’ve but I just bought one

3 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I’m totally going to try this. I’ve been landing the fingerspin on two fingers to settle into the dimple, which does work, but is a little inelegant.

1 Like