So what's up with TopYo?

What is the must have out of their budget metals? There are several to choose from, and they all look interesting.

Like the Colossus 3 and 4, or the Meta, or the Impulse…

Does anyone own any of these? What are your thoughts?

1 Like

I’ve heard the Colossus 4 is really good. I owned a Meta and it was also very good – like a lighter silenus IMO. I would go by your shape preference though for the most part.

2 Likes

They’ve been making really nice yo-yos lately. Dominator would probably be my favorite, but I like the Raiser, Silenus, and Nuit a lot too. Pick one with specs/shape you think you’ll like, can’t really go wrong for the price with TopYo.

4 Likes

This one is piquing my interest. Shape, size, color, material… Screenshot_20181001-162757

1 Like

I’m sure it is totally playable, but I also heard that the v.4 is a vast improvement on v.3. That is all secondhand though and as @YoYoExpertGarrett mentioned, the price is right for all TopYo models, so you can’t go wrong.

1 Like

Charge your phone lol.

1 Like

Thanks dad, I’m on it

2 Likes

I have a colosus 4 and i like it alot. Plays above its price range. I dont know alot of tricks but it handles all i know very well. I used it for a edc for months and after much abuse it is still smooth. Some awesome colors available too. Very smooth feel for grinds as well.

2 Likes

Wait a second, how are we not talking about this font???

6 Likes

Wait, what do you mean? Haven’t you ever seen an Android phone?

1 Like

The font, the crazy characters is what I am referring to. Most people don’t have their phone set up so it looks like a handwritten ransom note :wink:

2 Likes

Well aren’t I special.

1 Like

And why does it have to be a handwritten ransom note, why can’t it just be a regular note? Or just plain handwriting?

1 Like

Ransom is more exciting!!

2 Likes

He has enough experience writing them that he knows what they should look like.

2 Likes

just got a Silenus today, and WOW. The price point to the performance ratio is through the roof. Its strong, steady, heavier (thus slower) but very comfy for my hands. Super duper chill throw. I cannot get over how inexpensive and beautiful this one is. Happy addition to my collection as my hidden budget gem.

2 Likes

BTW, have you owned and/or played a Colossus 3 and 4? I know you have a pretty extensive collection.

1 Like

Yes, I have both. The 4 is the same as the 3 with slight changes to the rim for better thumb grinds, and more visible changes to the cup for fingerspins.

I would still get a Silenus over the Colossus personally, but they are both :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Explain (min of 10)

1 Like

I personally think the Silenus shape is one of the best out there, kind of a wide organic H?

The Meta is worth looking at as well, it has slight differences (I think it is a tad wider and bigger in diameter) but it is very reminiscent of the Silenus. Bummer is it doesn’t come in cool splashes though :wink:

3 Likes