Help finding my next throw

What I am looking for may not exist but I’ll put it out there.

What I would like is a semi responsive or responsive in plastic with a H, V or W profile.

The will be used for 0A/1A type play.

Thanks

The magicyoyo pocus comes with a responsive bearing to play that way if you want, but keep in mind most responsives and fixies are O shaped because the inner wall is almost required for a lot of those trick types. You will not likely have a great time with a V H or W playing 0a specifically.

3 Likes

If I look at Unresponsive, how is the iyoyo iceberg and is the newer 4mm wider version that much better

1 Like

Iceberg is very very good, both versions feel pretty similar to me.

2 Likes

Have a look at the Speedaholic XX if you don’t already own one. It’s very impressive for the price. Mine is still strong in the throwtation and is the only yoyo that I have a backup duplicate of.

Ivan

3 Likes

2 pennies

Mint OG iyoyo iceberg every time for tech.

I may write a general yo discussion post on this next statement.

If the OG iyoyo iceberg was not so !Loud! it would be a much more widely used and then more influential yo-yo.
The only reason it every fails me, because it is in my very limited hands trying to do tech tricks… the iceberg kinda has it all and then some for modern throw… And it does screeeam, loud it is. I put a white full ceramic bearing in one of mine, it was a yo-yo on steroids with power and it was just mind alteringly loud.

Have a great rest of the weekend

3 Likes

i’m not sure i would recommend any of the above yoyos for 0A play. stalls, kickflips, varials, regens all work better with higher walls to control motion. all the yoyos listed are very wide, with wide gaps (iceberg and speedaholic are primarily 1A yoyos, even when responsive).

duncan freehand is an incredible yoyo thats accessible and will handle all kinds of 1a/0a. doesnt match your profile wants, but i personally dont think those shapes work well for 0A.

edit: i realize now that the iceberg recommendations are based on second comment lol.