Heavy YOYOs

What do you get out of a heavy yoyo? Throwing a OneDrop downbeat, and not saying I like it.

3 Likes

Idk, different feel. I really enjoy my mutant DNA whenever I play it.

2 Likes

IMO it gives you more control

2 Likes

I find a heavy yoyo encourages me to slow down and just play. No need to push it fast, just relax and throw some tricks

1 Like

Heavier yoyos tend to feel heavy! That lends to a slower type of play thus the yoyo feels more controlled. When you see a yoyoer that has an extra long middle finger, and an arm that is noticeably longer than the other, and massive muscular development of the longer arm, that yoyoer throws a heavy yoyo!

3 Likes

It depends on how heavy you’re talking about. A yoyo on the heavier side can have more momentum and sometimes flow easier. It can help to smooth out any spastic movements (not that I would have any :grimacing:), whereas light throws can exaggerate missteps. They also feel more substantial on the string, where light yoyos can feel numb.

1 Like

I’m not super fond of normal size heavy yoyos, but I love the crazy oversized designs. Like the Bakemono weighs 85 grams, which is crazy heavy, but the yoyos size is so out there, it’s all crazy so it doesn’t matter haha.

I guess you do get more power out of a heavier weight.

1 Like