Having trouble with the trapeze-cross-string bind that MrYoYoM and Mike M. do

The one at 1:15 is the one I was describing earlier. It’s just a frontstyle bind, thrown sideways and hopping the string up into a “trapeze-like” formation instead of doing a normal frontstyle underpass to the bottom mount.

The one at 2:11 looks like a rolling bind.

Tutorial, as promised.  Let me know if you still have questions.

It the bind he does at 0:55 - 0:56 , yep same one he does at 1:15 as well, but there is no front throw , its all done side style, meh, no bother off to work on something else thanks for all the help and replies I will revisit this another time.

;D ;D ;D ;D

You don’t actually see the throw for that one. I’m willing to be it was a sideways “front” throw based on how it binds. It can’t bind that easily and snappily from a normal breakaway with that kind of bind.

That bind is off a regular sidestyle throw, its the first bind in the tutorial I posted above.

At 0:55 of the Mike Monty video, I don’t see a throw, I just see the scene cut as the string is over top of the NTH, the yoyo continues around and hops up on the string in a trapeze-like fashion, and Mike pulls for bind.

Sorry, I am not trying to be a pain here , and it very well could be the pain meds I am on from practically ripping one of my toes off last weekend, but I only see 2 binds in your tutorial video, the first one as you referenced is a side style bind but has a lot of flip overs and roll backs, the one I am trying to figure out from Mike’s videos appear to have none of that, just a weird trapeze that causes a bind…

Dang it man, I’ve already explained what it is 2 or 3 times. :wink: The slow-mo version this is not the final version but it’s the component steps without video:

-Throw a sleeper
-Turn your body so that the yoyo is now sideways
-Put your finger on the opposite side of the string that you would for a trapeze
-Simultaneously lower your throwhand and push against the string so that the yoyo swings up
-Let it swing enough that it goes up and over onto the string, landing kind of like a trapeze, but with a twist.

The actual final version:

Throw a sideways sleeper OVER your hand (not just at the ground). The momentum will allow it to do the swinging motion, and you land it on the string like a trapeze with a twist. Pull on throwhand to bind.

right right, I know you explained it, I think I even said that I thought it was the front to side style maneuver in earlier comments, it was just that the timing of the explanations weren’t quite lining up in my brain…anyway I am pretty sure I got it now, thanks again for all the help guys!

It is possible to bind from breakaway trapeze, I can do it easily with my yyj cerberus, but I find it very, very difficult to do with my yyf northstar almost impossible, I think this is because of the shape of the yo yo, and I guess that with wide yo yo this bind is even more difficult.

I’ll try to make a video in a next couple of days.

I made two videos, in this one https://vimeo.com/71006477 you can see how I do it, I bring my hands together, and as I swing the yoyo to non throw hand side, I kind of slide the string into the gap of the yoyo, second time I do the same thing but in one motion, third and fourth time I do a one rotation before doing the same thing, and I think that is Andre Boulay’s cool bind…

On the second video https://vimeo.com/71006478 you can see me trying to pull it of with my northstar, and it is just not happening…I think it can be done with some response pads that have more grip…

hope this helped someone