Has this happened to anyone else?

Overtightening past the aluminum strength limit can actually wack your bearing seat since the bearing (steel) is stronger than the aluminum body. It happened to my DTI Beast and it left some kind of groove on the bearing seat. It’s still fully playable though, it reminds me to avoid overtighening any 1A yoyos I have.

Tighten your yoyos more, dang.

On SE’d ODs, you can tighten those things as much as possible. Pretty much the only yoyos I’d trust to do the car method with.

I own a Cool Ghoul and have yet to experience this problem. I’ve only unscrewed it once to lightly lube the centre track. It’s insanely smooth and quiet.

Is this for all 9th run Chiefs or just a rare occurence?

We’re trying to figure that out.

I would guess its an occurrence? I don’t know myself, but I would like to think that CLYW would have put it through the ropes instead of releasing a whole bunch of self-disassembling yoyos.

Well, I dunno. Just say that it’s a possibility

:smiley:

It happens all the time to me with all my YoYo’s. The only time I didn’t hear the noise in time was with my pinkerton Canvas. Right after I got it. Sucked. It happened because it was short axle, And I wasnt thinking about it. When I hear the noise I normally just pop up the YoYo, tighten it, and keep on going. Just gotta be careful! And pay attention.

Happens with my Avalanche sometimes. Usually I hear it and stop it first, but last time the halves went rolling and scraping along the concrete… I was also yoyoing in front of people…kinda embarrassing…

This happened to me once and almost twice, different yoyo. The second time I noticed a weird vibration. Not like from the bearing but from the yoyo so I grabbed it and had about once thread before it would’ve came apart. Loctite is a good idea but make sure that you get a removable thread locker not a permanent thread locker. I use loctite 202 which is a low strength removable thread locker, works great and you don’t need much either.