Has Everyone that has used the 401-k had a good experience with it?

Thinking of getting it because of the adjustables. Any flaws?

I’ve owned six. They’re great and won’t disappoint unless you’re expecting it to be as smooth as recent YoYoFactory.

I had the proto almost rip my thumbnail off at the 2005 nationals… Never really liked them after that haha. They’re okay if you don’t try to thumb grind, just not my style of yo-yo, a little too light for me.

Okay so not good for thumb grinds… How wide is the range of the responsiveness? From flick of the wrist to near impossible to get up, or not so much?

the newer ones with the circular dials thumbgrind ok. i don’t do a lot of thumbgrinds, but only the 1st chunky dials were uncomfortable to me. as for response, it can be totally rock-on-string dead up to downright snappy, but having a clean bearing and aggressive response always feels weird to me. best to use some lube to bring up the response. all in all, i think it’s definitely one of the best yo-yo’s of the past decade… granted several yyf’s would make that list.

my 1st run 401 is a yo-yo i sold that i ended up really missing. take that for what it’s worth i guess. if you can score one of the espionage models, you should. one of the best coatings ever.

So this would be the later run? http://www.yoyonation.com/product.php?productid=16273

Next time try to just post a pic of the yoyo instead of linking to another store.

Yes I think that’s it. Not totally sure though. My memory is failing me at this point.

that was actually the original run. you can tell by the triangular marker on the dial. that’s what cut up peoples’ thumbs on ring grinds. later runs had a smooth, circular marker. all played awesome though.

oh, ok so this is the new one.

I think there were 3 runs of the 401k the pics you have up are the 2nd and 3rd runs.
But the basicly all have the same shape. Think California with dials. The 1st and 2nd runs
had the same basic colors gunmetal grey, red, and silver. The 3rd were Teflon coated
black, white, and blue. Oh almost forgot about the ppk slimer and faster, and the team editions.
I own the 401 k and ppk I never had any problems with them a really great yoyo.

I have a first run 401k and its been one of my main 5A throws for many years.
It has a slight vibe but the play of the yoyo itself is ridiculously smooth.
My fave yyf yoyo so far.
Awesome.
:slight_smile: