Has anyone tried the G Funk from YYF?

It’s either that or the dv888. It’s just the lower price that makes me ask. So if you have experience with the G Funk let the world know what you think of it.

I was thinking of making this exact thread.

I have tried the G-Funk, and it is a fantastic little throw. Like almost all undersized yoyos, there’s no “float” to it; I hear that’s the same with the dv888, however. Have not played a dv888 so I can’t really say which is “better” for me, but I do know that I enjoy playing the G-Funk.

Although I have not tried a G-Funk, I think you should get one while the sale is going on. The DV888 is going to stay at its price point of $45, but you can save $15-$25 (depending on CC or not) if you get the G-Funk. I have a DV888, and I really do like it, but while the sale is going on, you should probably get the G-Funk.

I have tried BOTH! ;D

If you are looking for the better yoyo, absolutely the dv888. If you are just adding something to your collection, get the g funk since it is on sale and you get the coupon as long as you add $10 to your cart.

The G-Funk is very stable, and great for horizontals, and an overall good pocket throw.

I got one back during the YYF Pro Packs. For an undersized, it plays solid on string and does not have a floaty feel in any way. Like the Super G, it is also very good for horizontal. The only ad thing about it that i can think about is that the “shiny” finish does not grind very well.

I’ve tried both and I would rather have ge g funk.
The dv888, to many people, just feels like a rock on the string. Its an okay player, but not good enough for me. A plus is it has a nice shape that you might be used to.
But the g funk isn’t like a rock on a string, it has a weird shape, you might like it. Its the same shape as the super G, im hoping to get one :).
I’d go with G funk, if you like that shape more get it, if you like the dv888’s shape more, get that :slight_smile:

G-funk for sure. It feels smaller but is more stable and lighter/faster. The dv888 is too heavy and is a rock on a string.
The g-funks big brother, the super-g, s my favorite yyf so i might be a little biased.You can probably score a g funk on the bst. I recently let one go for $25 nib.

I enjoy my GFunk, a small and smooth little throw with a little weight to it…and very stable. I also bought one in the Pro Packs sale. This is my GFunk:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8241/8597918445_078aa1933c_z.jpg
Gfunk by The TotalArtist, on FlickrI

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8247/8599018454_15c605a9d8_z.jpg
Gfunkb by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

Awesome. This forum is the shit. You guys helped a lot and I appreciate it. I’m going to go with the g funk and save the dv888 for another day. Muchas gracias.

Yes i have its amazing for the price its small but not too small and has a great sleep time and can tackle any trick and its easier to speed up your combos with it get the champions edition though its a lot better

The dv888 sucks in my opinion is super light and its over priced its very expensive beginner yoyo

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/YoYoFactory-G-Funk-GFunk-Gentry-Stein-Yo-Yo-Gold-Acid-Wash-FREE-STRINGS-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqF,!q0E+nOLCcVqBQWqc1CIog~~60_35.JPG

This is mine