Hand turned yoyo: HTYY#0.44 (reply #186)

I want one of those!

Yes, you are right. The yoyo caused me a lot of trouble but I learned a lot from the project, thanks!

Seriously? :smiley:

Hi again.

This is a continuation to the HT SwapBody project, the yoyo bodies/halves. I have not touched on the halves in my post #58 on the HT SwapBody because they were not completed at that time. What I did on the halves were to remove some delrin from the side wall near the bottom of the inner hub and put in delrin rings. The rationals were to reduce center weight and put more weight on the rim. I was struggling in doing this as there was not much room in the hub to manipulate the weight distribution (for a 50mm diameter yoyo) as I wanted to maintain the total weight within 62 - 65g. I know aluminum ring can solve this problem better but my mini lathe (and the operator, thatā€™s me) prefer working with delrin more than aluminum. So, here you areā€¦

Specification:

Diameter = 50 mm
Weight = 63.56 g
Width = 42.91 mm
Gap = 4.9 mm
Axle = M4 x 20
Bearing size = C
Response = Flowable silicone (can also takes 19 mm pads)

Photos:

And some comparisons between this project and the HT#0.17.

So, thatā€™s the complete HT SwapBody project. Hope you like it. And your comments are most welcomed. Thanks.

ck

Iā€™m impressed! Looks fantastic.

Hey where did you get the hubs? I want to get one for when I mod my fhz.

he made the hubs lol

Great job on the new prototype

Many thanks for the positive comments.

Thanks to jbritter3 for the answer. Yes, I made those, and they can be used for modding FHZ. I think I will try that on my own, many thanks for the idea. I never thought of using them on modding purpose because all this while I was just thinking of using them on my own HT yoyo bodies/halves. Honestly, those hubs are not perfect yet (the yoyo vibes with these hubs, and I need to do some refinements on them), and I am not sure whether I can use them for commercial purpose.
Anyway, thanks for the interest and, again, the idea.

Inspired by Joralco (Thanks!), I quickly did a brief study on using the HTSwapBody for modding FHZ. I am very happy to find that the bearing seats can be used directly on the FHZ without using the hubs, but unfortunately the bolt was not long enough, at least 5mm shorter. Hereā€™s the photo:

Thatā€™s mean, provided with a longer bolt, it can be used directly on FHZ without any modification. How convenient! I will try to work something out from this. Stay tunedā€¦

When I come into some spare money I am owning one of your yoyos!

xxjohnsonxx, thanks a lot. You donā€™t know how meaningful is your support to me.

Now, back to the ā€œdiscoveryā€ on using my HT SwapBody on modding a FHZ, I must admit that this idea has been out there long ago, i.e. the SPR system (many thanks to jhb8426 for notifying me about this). In fact, Ricerocket has shown us a SPRā€™ed Duncan Wheel yesterday. I am so ignorant in this, sorry guys.

Joralco, you should get a SRP kit for your FHZ.

It is genuine interest. Need a nice playing delrin again, and I enjoy your work. Keep it up!

Man,this is very very interesting!good work on all the protos that you are making by hand! Iwould definitely like to get one of these from you. If you would like,please pm me if you would be interested in selling me one to try out. Keep up the amazing work!

The spr kits are like impossible to get

Everything in here looks super sweet.

The Swapbody looks great, but in its current form, itā€™s just as limited as the YoYoJoker EX system, because it is only functional with EX type yo-yos.

If you reconfigured the Swapbody to implement OneDrop side effects for the axle hub, (instead of a custom piece) this would have enormous potential. Make a small bearing spacer for it, and bam, youā€™ve just turned every OneDrop SE yo-yo into a small bearing throw.

1 Like

Hi all.

I was lucky enough to be given an opportunity to custom make a HT yoyo for one of the forum members here. I produced some drawings based on specifications and shape requirements given by the member and finally nailed down the design and specification as followed:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/iUn-dFJ2kb7L2SPnXHrjU2T9Z1Mjyw2VLkYi2nnHGUk=w473-h282-no

Specification:
Diameter = 58 mm
Width = 44.4 mm
Gap = 4.7 mm
Weight = 68 g
Bearing size = C
Response = YYF pad size
Delrin color = black

It took us about one week to finalize the drawing and specs, two weeks for machining work and finally two weeks for delivery. This project was a challenge to me as I never work on such extreme V-shape before. But I learned a lot during the process, and I feel like more confident with my skill now. And the most important thing is that the member is quite happy with the yoyo (so far no complaint from him yet, phewā€¦). What a relief! Here are some photos of the making and outcome:

Making the spiked axle hub.

One half almost done.

One half attached to other HT yoyo half.

Two halves almost done. Need to work on the inner hub.

Finally done!

More photos.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nkLbh7VSt2_cDV7bQUXn1bcGXHP_B061u8z4MWfTN3U=w487-h366-no

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/GmrwxD08djlidZfcE9VVthT6ab0JzKHKQyz8OCduKJg=w487-h366-no

I would like to express my gratitude to this member, again, for the opportunity. And thank you all for reading. Your comments are most welcome.

Thanks.
ck

Thatā€™s amazing! Have you tested it out yet? If so how is it?

Its crazy good! Really speedy, its my total dream yoyo.

I really cant explain how it plays, floaty, solid, fastā€¦

My favorite yoyo, ATM.

Thank you so much ckron!

~David

1 Like

that last one looks really amazing!

Really nice work there. Looks pretty sweet.