Hand turned yoyo: HTYY#0.44 (reply #186)

Your work is just so amazing. Can’t wait to see what else you make!

Although it’d be rather spendy I’d be interested to see how the yoyojoker axle and hub system would turn out if you made a yoyo for it

Those are amazing. That’s great work. I think if you did custom work people would pay you quite a bit for a custom yoyo. It would take a lot of time but if your getting over $100 per yoyo it would make up for it

^Those throws look awesome

Many thanks for the comments. I am so happy and grateful that you like my HT yoyo.

Thanks for the idea. Slowyojoe has also mentioned about this Yoyojoker axle and hub system in his previous reply. It is a SE kind of system but meant for swapping of yoyo halves. Frankly speaking, this system will make my machining and testing of yoyo halves design easy as I don’t have to machine bearing seat, response recess and axle hub for each of my yoyo model. However, if I want to keep my yoyo weight low to medium, it may limit the weight placement possibilities as it will definitely take up significant weight at the center, yet to prove it though as I don’t have the spec with me, Slowyojoe may be able to help.

I searched through the internet and found a clip revealing the design and drawing of this system. I would say it requires a certain level of lathe operating skill which I am still lacking (or inadequate) at this moment. I ran through the machining process virtually in my mind and found some potential difficulties which I may not be able to overcome all of them with my current skill, lathe and tools. Of course, this is the case I assume to produce an identical system manually. But who knows, I may come up with a modified one? I do hope so… BTW, many thanks for the input. During the process of studying this system, it has opened my mind for some ideas (although blur) that I may be able to use in my future projects.

I will concentrate on what I am doing best now, refining my current project and experimenting mixture of the black and white delrin color. I hope my skill will evolve along the way…

Thanks. I would be very happy if anyone here pays me $100 for my HT or custom made yoyo :).

your newest design is probably one of the best looking delrins ever I have 2 questions. How long does it take you? Also would you ever do an acrylic? It seems like landon is the only one who’s done that.

Thanks for the comment. I took about 12 working hours to complete my latest yoyo. I was learning and familiarizing myself with the lathe while working on each of my project. Depends on the complexity of my design, some, like the ones with aluminum weight rings shown in this thread, may take almost 24 hours :cry:
As for the acrylic, I have not worked with this material before. But I definitely would like to try if I can get hold of it.

contact Landon he has a bunch of acrylic already circled and ready to cut. (Saw in his mod box at worlds. Full of acrylic blanks lol)

Would you be willing to make prototypes? I have a design in mind.

Shipping may be prohibitive.

Sorry for the late reply as I was away for the past few days. I am willing to make prototypes for you, as long as your design is within my capacity ;). If you are still interested on this, please send me a pm. Thanks.

Yes, you are right. I will try to get the material from local vendors.

Hi everyone.

I am here to share with you my hand-turned yoyo (HTYY) #0.17, the Black in White. It is my 17th HTYY, a small size, V-shape delrin yoyo. It was made to experiment some of my ideas of mixing black and white delrin in a yoyo. Here are the specification and photos of HT#0.17.

Specification:

Diameter = 50 mm
Weight = 62.13 g
Width = 43.07 mm
Gap = 5.07 mm
Axle = M4 x 16
Bearing size = C
Response = Flowable silicone

Photos:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/2HO_kIrhHk-auwGF5s4gUQPKKEtHaTK9TtjtVnGidWg=w600-h450-no

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/OOMCelk2DY4WSO4xrTRkgNmjaIGjfnbMrsY2emGpoZs=w600-h450-no

Comparison: HT#0.16 and HT#0.17

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/nLMbSMfYt7rMVxqxc2xv8caplL5GPpvqyIfzQFkd0Wk=w600-h450-no

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/RhdDgQh_CZg0TuGuCQki_owazKNCzitxI1Ln-y1LJxU=w600-h450-no

Here are the HTYY family photos:

And something extra:

Thanks for viewing and hope you like it. Your comments are most welcomed.

2 Likes

It looks beast

Great Job. Looks Awesome

Very nice work man! That takes a lot of skill and talent to be doing that kind of work by hand. If you would start to produce more, I would really consider getting one. Can’t wait to see more.!

Those are beautiful. You’re an artist.

Those are some awesome yo-yos! Definitely true works of art yet awesome playable yo-yos.

That’s amazing, though think white in black would look a bit better.

Hi everyone.

Some forum members (many thanks to them) here asked me whether I will make an axle hub similar to the Yoyojoker’s EX-SYSTEM. My first thought about this system was that it is really a good idea, and it will save me a lot of time and work machining bearing seat and axle hub for each yoyo. But I also expect some weight distribution problem/limitation as the hubs may take up quite significant amount of weight portion from my HT delrin yoyo, hence, a centered weighted yoyo. However, at the beginning, I didn’t really work on this idea due to limitation in lathe machining skills. After some times, especially after the completion of a custom made HT yoyo for one of the forum members here, I have gained some new ideas in machining, so, here you are, the…

I don’t know what you think of the name, but personally I think it fits the main function of this system, to swap the yoyo body. And I must make it clear that I don’t own the idea, and my design is slightly differ from the one exists in market. Honestly, at present, I can’t manually machine the hubs without making some changes on the original existing design due to inadequate machining skill and tools.

So, similar to Yoyojoker’s, my HT SwapBody consists of…

axle hubs,

bearing seats,

and yoyo bodies/ halves.

To assemble them (for those not familiar to Yoyojoker EX-SYSTEM), put the axle hub in yoyo body (at the inner hub).
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/akCu6ipiDf5aZAHahVMXlqBV3rOWEVA56Gg1kOW23uE=w487-h366-no

Then, fit the bearing seat on the other side of the yoyo body.

Put in bearing and axle, you are almost there.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/QV_XYJoMrkf_mMow5y1RRgxpyJGOOT4_Qv7cSxazEt0=w487-h366-no

Work complete, a HT SwapBody yoyo!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GsJvQLQT-WVLkUtR0SVfxEL5ckPGWyeLwhI2hxSbBDM=w487-h366-no

More photos:

The weights of the bearing seat and axle hub are 2g and 2.8g respectively, a total of 4.8g. With bearing and axle, the whole axle and bearing system may take up to 20% of a 65g yoyo. As I mentioned above, IMO, that’s a significant amount. As expected, the yoyo shown in the photo is very much centered weighted. Of course, I have not really work on the rim and inner hub, may be aluminum rings will fix the problem, or may be reduce some excess weight from the axle hub. I am also thinking of using lighter material for the bearing seat, delrin will be a good choice. Anyway, this is my first attempt, I will try to improve it in the future. Oh, I just got a new idea (delrin HT SwapBody, aluminum body, centered weight problem solved, rim weighted,…an inverted XLR8???), better put it on paper now, so…

Thanks for reading. And your comments are most welcomed.

ck

Lol, right after i order a yoyo from you…

Sigh… Expect another one soon…