Hand turned yoyo: HTYY#0.44 (reply #186)

I would be interested, especially in a very light one, perhaps like the last one you made.
They are very nice.

Oh the less the better! the 62 grams would be fine by me!

First of all, many thanks for the comments on my hand-turned yoyos, I appreciate it very much.

I would like to share will you all my latest yoyo, the HT#0.15. It is a ā€œsoftā€ V-shape delrin yoyo with aluminum axle hubs. Specifications as followed:

Specification:

Diameter = 56 mm
Weight = 64.10 g
Width = 41.90 mm
Axle = M4 x 20
Bearing size = C
Response = Flowable silicone

Photos:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yStfHfBUVNE/UtlcSrveBEI/AAAAAAAAAcI/dbKAZVMakTg/w600-450-no/P1170322.JPG

And, here are the 3 yoyos that I have shared with you all so far:

Thanks for viewing and your comments are most welcomed.

Looks really nice! My suggestion for the third would be making the rims a slight angle to make them more effective for catching the string. If the string hits the flat it may or may not end up where u want it. Other than that looks sweet!

Hmmm, interesting axle system you have. How tight is it on the yoyo? If itā€™s anything like the YYJ Solid Spin system, I could see some problems. If itā€™s not tight enough, the insert can actually side out of the yoyo when force is applied to a side. Looks amazing though! Could you do mods like re threading throws or hub mods? If so, I have a messed up Bassalope that could use a new hub!

Thanks for the suggestion, and I agree with you. I have to compromise to a certain design, like this one, due to my limitation in lathe operation skills and other consideration like easy produce.

The hubs are press fitted to the yoyo halves. I must admit that I have faced problems with the hubs and I have worked hard to overcome them. So far I am pretty happy with the hubs, they are tight enough, no problem at all. Thanks for the valuable comment.
And for re-threading a yoyo, honestly, so far I have only done on my own HT yoyos which I am familiar with. But I will made some researchs and come back to you. Thanks.

Aw man! I just drooled all over my keyboard.

Nice job! I particularly like that most recent one.

As far as Iā€™m aware, pretty much every hand turned delrin is press-fit, so youā€™re fine there.

Will you be selling these they look stunning!

1 Like

They do indeed look incredible. As an aside, you could try incorporating something like the yoyojoker delrin line-up for the hubs. Amazing work. And great pictures too by the way.

Oh I understand that, having that flat lip can definitely make it easier, Iā€™ve worked with lathes before.

There are usually ways around it though :slight_smile: but even if not, the yoyo still looks killer!

1 Like

Many thanks for the positive comments and I really happy that you like my hand turned yoyo :).

Thanks for asking. I am do not feel comfortable selling these as they are prototypes, or I should say I am building up my lathe operating skills and testing my idea through them. Having said so, they are not perfectā€¦ yet, at least to my own standards. I am planning to send them for test and review by a local friend. But, as I mentioned in my previous reply, I am willing to sell their duplicates (with improvement) if there is a demand. I think I will offer my hand turned yoyos for sale once I have perfected them.

You mean the EX SYSTEM by Yoyojoker? I like the idea and may probably try to adapt it to my yoyo. I hope it is not patented :frowning: Anyway, thanks for the idea.

I will find way to do that, thanks.

Is there a certain reason when people make delrins that donā€™t use Delrin for the bearing seat? They use hubs that run through?

1 Like

I suppose this is related to the hardness of the material. It is not the bearing seat that really matters, but the screw hole. I believe Bearing seat and screw hole made of delrin will not last as long as ones made of aluminum. I have tried machining bearing seat and screw hole directly onto the delrin yoyo halves, and they work in terms of holding the bearing and screwing the yoyo halves together, but I donā€™t feel the tightness or the solidness while screwing the yoyo halves compares to aluminum axle hub.

1 Like

thanks just the answer I was looking for. Nice work btw!

Yup, if I recall correctly, a lot of the DBYY Gung Fuā€™s had delrin bearing seats and many of them got crushed.

Are we speaking the threaded portion as well? Iā€™m not arguing about these Gung Fuā€™s or whatnot, but I havenā€™t had any problems with my P22 and itā€™s bearing seat is Delrin with what I believe to be a threaded brass insert.

As far as inserts even considering sliding out, a little bit of super glue seems to fix that problem pretty easy.

These yoyos are sick by the way. Been wanting to do something like this for a long time; Fun to see somebody getting down to it. ;D

I was just asking about the bearing seat not the threads. Threaded metal inserts work best to prevent yoyo from stripping.

One of the best thread Iā€™ve seen in a long timeā€¦

Hi everyone.

Many thanks for reading this thread and your valuable comments.

I have completed a delrin yoyo, the HT#0.16, that I would like to show to you all. It was supposed to be a refined version of the previous model (HT#0.15). I changed a little bit of dimension, weight distribution and put a small ring around the axle hub (for aesthetic reason), but I found them not much different in terms of the look and play :ā€™(. Perhaps the changes are so minor. Anyway, here are the spec and photos.

Specification:

Diameter = 56 mm
Weight = 63.65 g
Width = 42.46 mm
Gap = 4.46 mm
Axle = M4 x 16
Bearing size = C
Response = Flowable silicone

Photos:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/cTimAKdSHDoMO5DEAsln3jkS0Qm2SSwz4vv247EQ_ns=w600-h450-no

And here are my HT yoyos that I have shown to you all so far.

Okay, thatā€™s all for this time. Thanks for viewing and your comments are most welcomed.