A couple delrins I made

A few months ago I had a conversation with Paul Yath of Crucial that got me wanting to make some delrin yoyos. I got a metal lathe a couple months ago and just this week finished 2 delrin prototypes. The first was inspired by Landon Balk’s Acryllion.

Diameter: 50mm
Width: 41mm
Response: BC pad spacers

Came out pretty smooth for a first try, though the rims were too sharp, it had too much weight in the center, and I didn’t like the transition to the bearing. But I was honestly just super stoked to have made a functional yoyo.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/rigo311/PA190125.jpg

The second, which I just finished today, came out much better. I started with the h-shape of the Tres Leches but rim weighted it more and cut out weight from the body by creating more angled walls. It plays very well, with minimal vibe. I don’t have any plans to produce many of these, just a fun project to bring to fruition that I thought I’d share.

Diameter: 56mm
Width: 43mm
Bearing: C
Response: BC Pad spacers
Axle system: OD Brass Inserts

1 Like

That is so cool.

They look good!

So epic looking. Do you mind bringing it to the SD meet so I can try it?

Thanks guys. And yes Paolo - I’ll bring it to club Saturday. I might have one more by then too - a pocket sized Genesis-shaped yoyo I have in mind.

Great, now my day at school will feel that much longer. :stuck_out_tongue:

See ya there.

Those are awesome, great job!

The second one looks really good. It looks similiar to a protostar. WANT.

whistles

Looks sharp!

:o Those look awesome!

Nice and clean! What pads u droppin in there?

They’re both set up with a single ghost pad.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I decided that the next I’ll do will be a delrin based on what I like most from the Stryker and the Yuuksta. No one has put out an undersized delrin yet - and if it comes out good, I might just have to do a run of them. I’ll post pics when I get it together. Again, thanks for all the great feedback - I do appreciate it.

Those are BEAST. Keep making em!

Can’t wait to try it if you make it by the SD meet. Also, Crucial made the Cream, which is pretty undersized, but it never got any hype at all. I still love mine.

I have a Cream and like it, but I consider it more mid-sized at 52mm. I’m thinking something 50mm.

I guess I just have pretty big hands. I think no one has put out undersized delrins (or just plastics in general) because plastic is too light. However, it you can find a way to make a small delrin with average weight, I’ll love you. No homo. :stuck_out_tongue:

What about the half&half?

[quote=“yoyofoot,post:17,topic:20226”]
Oh yeah! Forgot about the Half and Half. Anywho, I’ve measure out the specs - hopefully I’ll have the undersized done tomorrow.

absolutely pro

how long do they sleep?