Grind Machine vs. Legacy

I can’t decide, I like both. I need a yoyo that’s good but not crazy expensive, between $20-$40. ???

They are both really good yoyos, you can learn a lot on them, basically all tricks. I would just go with whatever looks cooler.

good luck

really you could just put the same number of paper with each name on them and pull one out,in other words they are both great yoyos.me? I bought a grind machine when the legacy wasnt out and now I am getting a legacy.

Up to $40? Get an YYJ bi-metal. A dark magic is a good idea. To me.

Well, first off, Do you know how to bind? Just making sure. The legacy is stock unresponsive so you need binds. However, you can fix this up with a little thick lube if you want.

well I heard they are not stock unresponsive anymore due to YYJ’s new bearings

First of all, take a look here for help:

http://www.yoyoskills.com/?p=73#more-73

Now that we are done with that, I’m going to answer a couple of things

Legacy’s are stock unresponsive I believe, because I heard Bi-Metals are thick lubed after they are cleaned, but the Legacy bearing as well as the metals arent thick lubed, so they are long spinning stock.

A Dark Magic is a good choice, but I would personally go with a Plastic Grind Machine over a DM any day.

I would say legacy but if you can spend $20 more then you should buy a Dark Magic

Still, I would say a PGM>DM. But really, what are your preferences?

Answer these questions:

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?

I would have to steer you towards the legacy because GM have those stupid pads and i never buy anything with pads because they are just to high matinence. besides i have a legacy and i absolutely love it with the whole recessed silicone response it is a huge bang for your buck

the legacy i bought last month was responsive out the box. when i opened the bearing, there were clumps of thick lube

I beg to differ. The pads are little to no matinence. I (Once again) agree with Samad. I have played with Legacy, DM, and PGM and I would say PGM takes it all. If you are concered about the pads, get the unstacked and buy some extra pads instead. The unstacked is the same price as a legacy an IMO It’s better. For legacy bearings - the new ones do seem to be Thick Lubed but this can be solved with some Thin Lube or Cleaning.

-Evan

well if you were going to get a dm or a grindmachine, id go with the dm the grind machine is good yoyo though, but its heavier and dm and doesent spin as long the DM, but you can get hubs with the grind machine. but legacy is pretty much the same yoyo as the dm, but withought the metal ring things, so i hope this will help ou make up ur mind 8) :slight_smile:

Correction: GM is Lighter then the DM even with all the rings in. The legacy has weight rings on the inside as the equivilant of B-Metals for extra wieght.

no its not the grind machine is heavier, i have one and a DM its way easy to tell the difference.

As do I. With all the weight rinds put inside, the Grind Machine is 68gms. The DM is 70gms.